No announcement yet.

Seafoam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aight guys, I'm pretty sure I have the correct line, just want to make sure of it.

I know the quality is low but I pulled it from the black box thing near the steering collum.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
      Aight guys, I'm pretty sure I have the correct line, just want to make sure of it.

I know the quality is low but I pulled it from the black box thing near the steering collum.
      Yup, that's it. I've managed to cram a funnel into that hose in the past. It makes pouring the liquid in that much easier.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I suggest you guys check out www.bgprod.com . They pay to have standardized testing done like Amsoil does, and you can see how much better their stuff is than anybody else on the market.

I figured it was just buying a test to make themselves look good, but the rep for our area had me test out a can in my own personal vehicle, a 1998 Astro with (at the time) 275,000 miles. I used their 44K, which you add to a full tank of gas. It was an absolute completely different van. I get better gas mileage, no engine shake, more power, it literally works miracles. I have now run a can through my motorcycle, my Firebird, and my dad has used a can in his Town and Country. He put his in just before going on a long trip, and as he described it to me, after about 50 or 60 miles it was like the van just instantly gained 20 HP. He got better mileage on that trip than he ever has. A couple of the technicians at our dealership are more skeptical than me, and he gave them cans to try in their cars, and now they swear by it. This stuff literally cleans off buildup on fuel injectors, pistons, valves, O2 sensors, etc. It is far superior to Seafoam, although it is far more expensive. However, this stuff is truly a get what you pay for thing.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I asked the owner of a mechanic shop about that BG stuff. Our company deals with his shop a lot, so he likes us. He gave me a can at no charge. I put it in today. Still to see how it works.
          Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
          SOLD- Kinda miss it
          94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
          SOLD- Good riddance!
          2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

heres vid

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...0700f899c9.htm

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
            2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Verdict

I put about 1/3 of the can into the brake tube, 1/3 into the oil, and 1/3 into the tank. I stalled it out, waited 2 hours, and fired it up with a moderate smoke show. Then I went out on the road and let it scream. This Z28 exhaust makes it sound so mean!

There is a noticeable change in hesitation and the car accelerates just a bit better. I have used additives before to clean it out so I guess it might have less dirty in there than I thought.

Verdict: I will use seafoam in the future.

Thanks everyone for all of your input/help!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Everyone I have read about or spoken with that used SeaFoam stall method has seen results. But that is just my experience.
                Low smoke is a sign that you didn't have alot of carbon, etc to be treated, so I always thaout that was good...
                Mike, So. MD, USA
                1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Little extra information here for you.

Seafoam and BG's 44K work very similarly. Both products contain a light oil along with filler products, which fills imperfections in the combustion chamber, creating a very noticeable change in the power of the motor in a short period of time. The oil and filler products burn off, which is what causes the smoke and the smell. The difference is that Seafoam contains very little amounts of actual cleaner, so it burns off and reduces very little buildup, putting you right back at square one. 44K actually clings and begins to eat away the buildup, which is then burned up in the combustion process. So when you compare the two products, would you want one that is like bondo or would you want to grind off the imperfections and get down to the good surface?

BG's product is so strong they recommend you only put it in every 15k miles. When I ran it in my van, it still had that smell and a little smoke for the next two tanks of gas, which is normal, as it is still breaking up buildup. How often does Seafoam say you can use it?

I've tried them both, and Seafoam can stay on the shelf at the parts store for me. I'll spend $25 or so every 15k and know it's actually fixing the problem rather than spend $5 every few tanks and put band-aids on it.
                  "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Aight, I will give that a try. Is it used the same way seafoam is?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Originally posted by '94 White Devil
                      Aight, I will give that a try. Is it used the same way seafoam is?
                      You just pour it into the gas tank. It says it treats up to 20 gallons. I've had it in my tank for about 130 miles now and I won't lie, I haven't noticed any difference. I guess it's worth a shot, though. The mechanic who gave it to me told me it's a really good product and he's probably the most honest mechanic in the area. I have no reason to doubt him. I guess my motor is just in really good shape for 104k miles.
                      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                      SOLD- Kinda miss it
                      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                      SOLD- Good riddance!
                      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I have used SeaFoam in many vehicles with positive results.

Adding it to the fuel tank dilutes it in the fuel. You won't get drastic cleaning by doing it that way, but it is helpful.

I find that adding it through a vacuum port on the throttle body is very effective. That way the cleaner travels the entire length of the manifold.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

SeaFoam every 50k miles

Intake vacuum stalling is the only effective internal engine cleaner technique for Seafoam. Added to crankcase before oil change removes some varnish and such. BG I havent tried...
                          Seafoam thru the intake to lay the smoke screen should only be needed after 70-100k miles if the car was cared for , and every 50k miles thereafter.
                          Mike, So. MD, USA
                          1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Working...
                          X