No announcement yet.

93 Z28, project: cheap thrills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which wheels are you talking about? For $50, if he is not interested, I might be. I need a cheap set of 4th gen wheels.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark B
      Which wheels are you talking about? For $50, if he is not interested, I might be. I need a cheap set of 4th gen wheels.
      Well, if I do get these, I'll have my 16's up for sale if you're interested in those .

Joe, PM sent
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

• Due to the demise of my beloved 97 WS6, the 93 Z is getting some upgrades. It sure looks like this car willl be going from stocker to loaded with bolt ons. I'll be adding a SS hood, rear spoiler, complete tubular rear suspension, full exhaust, 17x11 rear wheels and 17x9 front SS wheels. Might even do some custom paint work. Time to make this Z ground pounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe 1320
          Due to the demise of my beloved 97 WS6, the 93 Z is getting some upgrades. It sure looks like this car willl be going from stocker to loaded with bolt ons. I'll be adding a SS hood, rear spoiler, complete tubular rear suspension, full exhaust, 17x11 rear wheels and 17x9 front SS wheels. Might even do some custom paint work. Time to make this Z ground pounder.
          It's good to see a plan in the works! Lets see some more pictures of that 93.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

• Are you going to be able to get any of the good parts off of the 97 like BMR or wheels?
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Are you going to be able to get any of the good parts off of the 97 like BMR or wheels?
              Fortunately, of my good sets of wheels was on the car when it was crunched. As far as the other parts, I'll probably negotiate the deal so that I can keep all the bolt on parts or most likely I'll buy the whole car for salvage so I can keep everything.

Comment

• It'll be good to see another 93 reach the status of "mean machine"

Just a thought on the hood...how about the RA II hood?
                Steve
                79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

• Joe, isn't the frame all screwed up?
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightrage
                    Joe, isn't the frame all screwed up?
                    Nope. the only thing with the 93 right now is a blown headgasket. At some point I will replace the passenger side rear quarter, there was a previous repair that needs to be redone. Other than that, she's straight.

If the plan works out, project 93 will get a full BMR suspension complete with control arms, torque arm, panhard rod and relocation kit along with Intrax springs and airlift bags. I'll also swap over the 1LE driveshaft, the exhaust and some other bolt ons like 1LE swaybars, shock tower brace etc........ Not to mention the several sets of wheels and tires.

Comment

Nope. the only thing with the 93 right now is a blown headgasket. At some point I will replace the passenger side rear quarter, there was a previous repair that needs to be redone. Other than that, she's straight.

If the plan works out, project 93 will get a full BMR suspension complete with control arms, torque arm, panhard rod and relocation kit along with Intrax springs and airlift bags. I'll also swap over the 1LE driveshaft, the exhaust and some other bolt ons like 1LE swaybars, shock tower brace etc........ Not to mention the several sets of wheels and tires.
                      Well if you have anything for sale, let us know.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Sorry, I got mixed up. I meant the T/A
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

• Well....... "sniff, sniff" another F-body rides off in the sunset. As friend of mine has been eyeballing the 93Z28 for several years, he convinced me to sell it to him. It's a bittersweet situation. The car needed headgaskets and I really wasn't in the mood to do them right now, there are too many performances that I'm doing as of late and I can't afford to abuse the hands. As soon as I go to fire it up and move it so the guy can put it on the trailer, there's no fuel pressure. The pump died. DOH! Lucky I had one on the shelf as a backup. So.... cut another access hatch and swapped pumps. The car fired right up, we quickly loaded the car on the trailer and in a few minutes she was gone. I get a call about an hour later, the car won't start and he can't get it off the trailer. There's fuel pressure, but the starter won't engage. So there's the bittersweet relationship...... sad to see her go as until the headgasket blew, she was rock solid reliable. In a way, glad that the latest glitches will be taken care of my another new f-body owner.

oh yeah, I kept the bolt ons as well as put the original salad shooters back on. She's back to bone stock and basically I got my dough back out of her after keeping the bolt ons plus the wheels and tires. It was a great cheap thrills car that performed admirably.

just a couple of last pics.....

That last one kinda gets me. That T/A saved my life.

Comment

• Joe - I know the bittersweet feeling.. I was like that when I sold the Formula. I knew if was going to need some work and the anti-lock brakes were acting up, so I sold it. The strange part is the biggest thing I miss are the T-tops. The GTO is fitting the replacement bill nicely for now...
                            2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                            1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                            2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                            2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                            2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

Working...
                            X