Next MoD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiteSmoke
    LOL Faste TA that ran thru my mind plenty beleive me hehe ... ide rather work on naturly aspiring the motor first
    Don't worry about getting a bigger TB than the 48mm stocker for now. The stock 48mm flows more than enough for bolt-ons. Have you done the TB bypass yet? Maybe some LCA's or SFC's. The 10 bolt girdle is also a good investment IMO.

Comment

no i havent done the TB bypass never really looked into that and not sure what LCA SFC is, sorry for the dumbness..=/ im just getting started learning up on the LT1's
      95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

no i havent done the TB bypass never really looked into that and not sure what LCA SFC is, sorry for the dumbness..=/ im just getting started learning up on the LT1's
        No problem.

LCA stands for lower control arm. SFC is sub-frame connector.

Check out www.ws6.com for some basic mods to the LT1 and their respective dyno gains.

Here is a list of commonly used acronyms to help out:
        http://www.ls1tech.com/acronyms.html

Comment

Thanks for your patience =)
          95 Z28 LT1, Edelbrock headers w/ Full exhaust, cold air intake, TCI 1800 stall convertor, shift kit, Eibach springs, KYB shocks

Comment

Thanks for your patience =)
            You have had a good attitude every since you signed up here.

That goes along way in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
              You have had a good attitude every since you signed up here.

That goes along way in my book.
              I agree!!

Mike

1996 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air: 160k kilometres, low temp T-stat, tuned, 3.73 gears, 3" Magnaflow exhaust, B&M skip shifter, BFG drag radials

Comment

thanks guys =) means alot, im s trong beleiver in what goes around comes around =) u guys are great glad i joined...i've learned more in these past few days about my car than i have, hanging out with my oldschool hotrod buddies in years, there not into the newer cars like us =P

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                  150 shot!
                  Man, that's your solution to everything
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                    Man, that's your solution to everything
                    You know, I used to be really against the use of nitrous. I guess I have become more open minded as I gracefully age!

The way I figure it......it's the best bang for your buck mod available. Can't go wrong with that.

Comment

I would loooove to get Nitrous but im afraid my motor will go cabloooieee!!! have 102k on it =( poor guy hes hung tough =P

Comment

LT1 should handle a 50 shot with easy, as long as its tune for it
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

For a baby 50 shot, no tuning is necessary, if anything the overly rich PE mode is just extra padding. Some people feel safer going to a half heat range colder plug and pulling 2 deg of total timing, but it is definitely not a requirement.

A healthy LT1 motor will easily handle a 100-125 shot. LOTS have run a 150 shot with no ill effects.

Comment

Working...
                          X