cars broke again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars broke again

my car was driving 95% better,last night me and a 05+stang were foolin around on the freeway for about 15 miles,i was having fun cause i was pulling on him,i was in 3rd then i went down to 4th and heard a grinding sound and couldnt get into any gear,pulled over ,my stick shift and whole center console was shaking real bad ,and i couldnt get the car into any gear,when im parked i can get in first ,it wont roll forward but will roll backward???did my tranny blow out, i had to get the car towed, care for sale $5000 shop just called tranny cracked [edit]
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

DAAAAAMN. Goes to show you that you never want to buy a car with Mod's. Im pretty sure that car was beat to the white meat. Im pretty sure you blew it up. Either that or your simply way way to aggressive. That sucks to hear man, and you just got that thing fixed. You should of took it easy. Hmm. Yeah I sometimes have trouble downshifting from 6th to 5th but Im always able to slam it into 4th no pro. Good luck with that one. It could be the clutch but I highly doubt it. Are you saying the work will cost $5000 to fix? Kinda confusing what you wrote.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

5000 4 the car,got a deal 1200 for tranny and realmainseal,at least i smoked a new stang gt a couple times from a roll with his chick in the car
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

HA HA HA. I feel ya, but Im sure he got the last laugh b/c he drove away. lol
        PLus you have a lot of Mod's bro. So your going to sell the car?
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

maybe ,i found a 95 eclipse gsx 72k AWD for 6500,my girl wants me to keep the car?she hates ricers, but the bird's so fast u think 1200 is good for a tranny and seal.thats all labor included ? i did a roll and waited till the stang was gone so i didnt look like a fool on the side of the road hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
            maybe ,i found a 95 eclipse gsx 72k AWD for 6500,my girl wants me to keep the car?she hates ricers, but the bird's so fast u think 1200 is good for a tranny and seal.thats all labor included ?
            Thats pretty cheap. Is it a new Trans or rebuilt? Maybe you should make the decision, not your girl. I mean I think your old enough to make the choice. ha ha. You get whatever "you" want. I mean it was a bad Idea getting a car with that much Modifications. It was bad news from the begining. That was kind of a ricer decision. A lot of these kids love getting a car with a bunch of mod's b/c they dont know how to do it themselves, and then complain that it messes up. Its for sale for a reason with that much Mod's.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

its a used tranny, i want to sell it ,but at the same time it would probaly be cheaper to fix it then buy a new car,and im afraid ill get the gsx and ill have the same problem even so its stock ,this is my first time buying a car with mods,stupid mistake,that was pretty ricer, my three hondas ive owned were bought stock,my chicks said shell give me 500 to fix the car only if i keep it?do u like DSM's

Comment

DSM's, Talons and all those are really cool cars. Its hard to find one that has not expereinced a couple 6000rpm clutch dumps. So I dont know. I never had any experiences with that platform. I'd say fix your car and you'll be alright.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

thats the plan,[edit[ never went through a tranny before,have u,maybe i worked all the bugs out and it will drive good now,1700 on repairs so far, whats next,[edit]i was saving up for a honda xr 400 dirt bike

Comment

Nope, never blew a tranny. My brother did. Once you get to that point were nothing is wrong, you will be very happy. Thats how I am. Im at peace when im driving my car b/c everything is running just right. The power is there and there is such a great feeling to know that you can Blow away anything on the road. (with the exception of a few cars)
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

AMEN AMEN my brother

Comment

no offense man but ive been reading some of your threads about street racing, and beating on your car. Mods or not, the car is 13 years old... and not a professional track car. What did you think was gonna happen??? Best advice, no matter what you do, treat your car good, and it will treat you good right back.
                        1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Johnyd2
                          no offense man but ive been reading some of your threads about street racing, and beating on your car. Mods or not, the car is 13 years old... and not a professional track car. What did you think was gonna happen??? Best advice, no matter what you do, treat your car good, and it will treat you good right back.
                          agreed, you come off as totally ignorant as to how to maintain your car.
                          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                            agreed, you come off as totally ignorant as to how to maintain your car.
                            Second that. He does not know to much. Thats Honda Mentality.lol. Those things take beatings and keep going.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Lets keep things in perspective. Any car with loads of miles will start to fall apart when you beat the heck out of it. I remember doing the same thing over 25 years ago and nothing has really changed. The big difference now is that I don't beat on cars. I build them and then respect their capabilities. That means lift throttle shifts on stick shift cars, no full throttle shifts on automatics, rarely pushing past the mid rpms. I subscribe to the practice of building something to withstand much higher power and not pushing it to within an inch of it's life. Things tend to last longer that way.

on a side note, the reason Hondas seem to take a beating is because of weight. Lighter weight means less driveline stress. The other thing is that they don't put out much power so again, less stress on the driveline. As an example, you can beat a go cart into oblivion and the dang things keep running. Why? light weight and not much power. Add 1500 pounds to the honda's weight, not only would it slow down but driveline parts will start failing when you push it.

For the future, this is why I don't like to buy modified cars. The reason? A sure sign that someone has a heavy foot and uses the modifications. I like to seach for the completely stock cars that have been treated like a baby. Then, before certain things break I like to upgrade them. The weakest parts and the parts that could leave a person stranded get done first. Then, gradually the work progresses to the cosmetic items toward the end.

lets be sure to not to forget that we were all young once, most of us have learned from previous mistakes and there is always going to be someone that pops on here that is on the beginning of the learning curve.

Holmes..... not a flame, sooner or later you gotta start being more precise with your literary style. You have to remember this isn't a bunch of guys hanging on the street corner where slang and phrasology are more loose. The written text and style of communication are far more demanding and it would suit you well to learn the art. You'll get better tech help as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X