GM has finally done it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
    You know what I want to see. I want to see Dodge stick a 345 HP Hemi into a 3000 pound car. They are selling that motor in a $20k pickup truck. Why not put a decent looking body on a Stratus platform and drop the Hemi in it. Instant 'Stang fighter for $22k.
    That isn't a bad idea at all!

One of our local dealerships has the Dodge Ram SRT-10 with the Viper motor in it. It looks pretty sweet but 51K, I mean come on that is too much you know.

I would think a hemi powered production sports car would be a huge seller!

Comment

i got an idea! put a hemi in an intrepid and maybe a rwd because my parents (step-dad and mom) are dodge brand loyal and my mom has intrepid and its everything but slow it woudl be like a modern day 4-door cornet now that owudl be an awesome family sedan my dad is a ford enthusiast so i wasnt influenced by any for my f-bod passion well theres my $.02 in a perfect world gm would bring an f-bod back but until that world comes to me i am out of luck
      1986- honda accord lx 2.0 liter fuel injection 5-speed manual 211,000 miles-sold-
      1986- honda accord dx 2.0 liter carb. 4-speed automatic 200,000 miles-sold-
      1992-mitsubishi eclipse 2.0L DOHC 5 speed manual 16" ar rims -blew up- then i sold it- worse mistake ever (buying it)
      1991 hyundai excel-HA! sold
      1995 dodge neon 1.6 liter,5spd, cold air intake, short throw shift, buger bushings, stiffer motor mounts, strut towers/ anti sway, lowering kit, a couple other perf. mods , sleeper

Comment

i kinda like the intrepid body, if they made it a 2 door beefed it up a bit with a nice engine they could have theyre own lil affordable semi sports car

Comment

Lets see if I can explain myself-

In my last post I didn't mean to come off as harsh as I did towards Ford- they do have some good products out there, the V-8 Mustang being one of them, Fullsize trucks being another. And I know GM has had their issues in the past also, like the Optispark. However, after 2 MY's GM vented it and it fixed most of the issues they were having. As far as driveshaft balancing goes, the Aluminum 1LE shaft and the LS1 shaft fixed this problem also (If I remember there was some kind of recall regarding 1st order driveshaft modes in which the shaft would be replaced with a 1LE shaft under warranty if this problem manifested)

And the comments I made regarding
          MY experience are just that- I'm sure someone else can say that GM vehicles are junk from their experience. A lot of my frustration with Ford stems from working hard to develop a solution for them only to have it be cut down and forgotten about after the fact because their pencil pushers deemed it too expensive and unnecessary. I'm sure every company has these issues, but from MY personal experience, Ford has done it quite a bit.

I have reasons to back up what I said besides whats listed here, but I really don't want to get anybody riled up. We're all entitled to different opinions and ideas, and that's one of the things that drives the diversity of our hobby and hopefully will continue to do so in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            Here's a couple of places for ya to try. I have bought a LOT of stuff from both places.
            http://www.stangparts.com/
            http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/
            Thanks for the links...believe it or not, the 'stang does need a few more ponies to keep up with the '93 Z28 that I have. Z28 has: mod chip, cold air pac, air foil, and hooker cat back (love the way that system sounds) so I guess I'll give the 'stang a few mods to see if it can catch up....

Comment

Working...
            X