No announcement yet.

Rear Springs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This info is out of date in part numbers. The last 18 months or more...i guess..GM change the P/N database. So, the advice is to contact any reliable parts departament clerk to get the P/Ns updated. Dal Slabaugh is my option..good service and fair prices
    www.vandevere.com (phone)..... lockitup@bright.net.
    I have the Spohn's torque arm,relocation brackets, LCA's; the SLP SFC's too and the 1LE 32 mm front way bar 21 mm rear sway bar with Prothane polyurethane bushings & end links......happy&safer cornerings. The Koni's are expensive, Bilstein are very good, garanteed for life, but don't buy the SLP-Bilstein shocks, the HD are the best.
    Prices below were quoted by Dal:

22140240 shock set 388.64 /kit...KONI SET
    22140228 shocks 376.88 each ...1LE brand????
    22171227 shocks 90.72 each De Carbon
    22182505 shocks 59.36 each De Carbon

let me know if you need

thanks
    dal
    van devere pont-buick"""
    Well, that's the info i have already
    Hope this helps you
    Doc
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve93Z
      [B]do the tranny mount since its a T-56 and there's no mount, just the crossbeam.

huh

doesn't the 6 speed use the same tranny mount as the auto?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

That's what I thought too Bob, but when I crawled under her for the first time she had no tranny mount, just bolts holding the tranny to the crossbeam. Thanks for the prices doc, i'll keep that in mind. Just need to find out what the springs will be now. Sorry to hijack your thread Joe, but i know you like it
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
          That's what I thought too Bob, but when I crawled under her for the first time she had no tranny mount, just bolts holding the tranny to the crossbeam. Thanks for the prices doc, i'll keep that in mind. Just need to find out what the springs will be now. Sorry to hijack your thread Joe, but i know you like it
          You might want to check again... the T56 uses the same tranny mount as every other GM product has used for at least the last 40 years. The 1LE mount is a slightly different height, and firmer. Shoebox has a picture on his website, showing the stock mount, the 1LE and an Energy Suspension "poly".

The only reason to remove the tranny mount would be if the car was running "solid" motor mounts. In that case, you would still need a plate to level the engine/trans.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Maybe they changed it after 93? I've looked under there many times and only saw the tranny bolted straight to the crossmember.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
            X