NFB - The existance of evil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - The existance of evil

I'm reading Hannity's book "Deliver Us From Evil" and he is writing about how some people believe in pure evil, and others do not. I'd like to get an idea of the numbers on this forum.

You can vote only 2 ways.

1) Yes, evil exists and we must do everything we can to extinguish it, before it attacks again. No amount of negociating will help this situation, these people are not going to compromise.

2) No, Cultures that are targeting us are misunderstood. We must try to understand why they are so upset and negociate a way to live in peace.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

The way you form your questions in a poll directly infuence the results. You need to frame you questions in a factual manner without key modifiers.

Pure evil exists

Pure Evil doesn't exist

Bob

PS Pure evil exists

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Money is the root of all evil. Some say the Devil created it.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
        The way you form your questions in a poll directly infuence the results. You need to frame you questions in a factual manner without key modifiers.

Pure evil exists

Pure Evil doesn't exist

Bob

PS Pure evil exists
        I agree
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

the results so far say it all.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Interesting question....

If pure evil does not exist, than does pure good? How would you know? There is something of a paradox here. I think that instead of questioning existance, we should work on identification a little more. Not bashin you TraceZ, just making an observation.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
            95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
            Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
              I heard that before also...but look at it this way, without money how can churchs expand, or do missions???

Besides, I believe the love for money creates evil...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

Yes evil exists. I am a Christian so this is basic to my faith. I believe that we are all evil at our core and ALL good comes from God only. Not Allah, Buddha, etc...... So, I guess my answer to the culture difference question is NO, its not a matter of difference of opinion or culture, its a matter of good vs. evil or right vs. wrong.

This is going to be a long thread.........
                96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                  The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
                  see...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Re: Interesting question....

Originally posted by WICKED LT1
                    If pure evil does not exist, than does pure good? How would you know? There is something of a paradox here.
                    Why not. My wife says because there has to be a balance. Who says the world has to be in balance. It much easier to identify bad than good. Just watch the news. I don't see the paradox.

Just for everyone's information.
                    Paradox from www.m-w.com
                    1 : a tenet contrary to received opinion
                    2 a : a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true b : a self-contradictory statement that at first seems true c : an argument that apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises
                    3 : one that possesses seemingly contradictory qualities or phases

Originally posted by WICKED LT1

I think that instead of questioning existence, we should work on identification a little more. Not bashing you TraceZ, just making an observation.
                    -Paul
                    You can not identify something as "something" until you admit that "something" exist. Some people do not believe that evil exist. Those people can not identify something as evil if they don't feel evil exist. It's what the book is about.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

You could also say that evil is the benchmark that allows the good to be identified. It seems human nature is to compare, so there it is.......

Comment

OJ Simpson is evil. So is Hillary. They are normal evil. The Middle East seems to breed a special, hateful evil in ways that our Christian-based & democratic culture can't even deal with...

There is plenty of evil to read about for anybody that is interested in history. There's just too much to list, and virtually every part of the world and every culture played it's part.

Comment

I agree it does exist and Here is why.

No matter how angry or despirate you are, there is no justification for 9/11, the Holocost or the way Sadam treated the people of Iraq for years.

These are just a few recent events that were commited by truely evil people. I say this, because there is no rational way of thinking that could possibly justify them and make them underatandable.

What sort of a sane, good hearted individual honestly believes that the correct solution to any situation is to hijack commercial airliners and smash them into skyscrapers killing thousands of people? Seriously.. who would think this?

We went to war in Iraq. And YES, we have killed. Did we intentionally kill innocent civilians? NO. Maybe a few accidentally, but never intentionally. Have we been raping the women? no. Have we been pillaging their natural resources and wealth? no. Are we preparing to conquer and colonize their country? no.
                          Are we there to help them get back on their own feet? YES!
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:
                          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                            You could also say that evil is the benchmark that allows the good to be identified. It seems human nature is to compare, so there it is.......

I agree. How would you know evil, unless you know good and vis versa.....
                            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                            11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Evil exists! If it didn't, we would be able to live in some sort of Utopia where nothing bad happens, and no one is miserable because of its effects. The battle between Good and Evil is continually waged, but their will come a day when it ends. If you guessed, yes I am a Christian.

Just to get more discussion flowing on this subject, I pose the following question:

If you remove Humans from the equation, does Evil still exist? In other words, if only the animals were left, does Evil still remain?

"Change is the only constant in the Universe, and even that is subject to change." - J. Bozeman

Current Project: 1986 Buick T-type, 71K miles
                              Previous Vehicles:
                              99' M6 Z28
                              98' M6 TA
                              97' Formula
                              96' RS Camaro
                              93' Z28 B4C pckg.

Comment

Working...
                              X