X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money is the root of happiness you didnt buy your nice f-bodys with smiles

Comment

Originally posted by NJSpeed
      Money, or any type of currency, is not in of itself bad; it is the love or coveting of money that appeals to "man's" worldly senses and corrupts. ...such as money or wealth equals power or creates an image of power or superiority. If one is going for the image that piling up money provides, he may be headed down a dark and dreary road. In other words, it is the love of wealth that promotes evil in one's life, and sometimes tyranny for others.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        I dont think there is a standard set by a diety. I do think common sense and kindness go a long way to define it. I think any intelligent being would be able to figure this out.. On earth or any other panet. It is really pretty simple:

If a civilization is to succed, it's members cannot commit hatefull or hurtfull acts twards their neighbors. Thus the base of the word "civil"

My phrase above pretty much defines evil to me. The phrase would be true, even if no intelligent life existed anywhere.

Maybe I should rephrase myself... I think the *potential* for evil would still exist even if mankind, or any other intelligent life did not exist.
        This is an interesting arguement. The only thing is that your definition of good and evil doesnt hold up (philisophically), because there are many societies (present and past) who have survived for a long time, even while doing what we would consider wrong or evil. So, I think your defintion of good (being what allows a civilization to flourish), is flawed.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
          there are many societies (present and past) who have survived for a long time, even while doing what we would consider wrong or evil.
          Evil comes in different degrees.

A society built on slavery may be tinted with evil and still survive.

A society where everybody wanders around in droves every night and murders a dozen of their neighbors as a good time will not likely last too long.

See my view more clearly now?
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

What about a society that conquers, rapes and pillages other societies? Thats pretty evil.
            96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Who can really define Evil whats evil to me might not be to you for example some people thing that war or killing of any kind if evil, which is somewhat true but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, 911 is a great example sending the Taliban (forgive spelling) a fruit basket isnt going to solve anything but sending them a few thousand pounds explosives might.

Is it evil to take advantage of another person if it is then just about every Mechanic or Car Dealership is pure evil. (ok car dealerships are evil )

IMHO dont think about whats good and whats evil just live your life the way you want to live it. though good vs evil does make for some intresting conversations

Comment

Who can really define Evil whats evil to me might not be to you for example some people thing that war or killing of any kind if evil, which is somewhat true but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, 911 is a great example sending the Taliban (forgive spelling) a fruit basket isnt going to solve anything but sending them a few thousand pounds explosives might.

Is it evil to take advantage of another person if it is then just about every Mechanic or Car Dealership is pure evil. (ok car dealerships are evil )

IMHO dont think about whats good and whats evil just live your life the way you want to live it. though good vs evil does make for some intresting conversations
                THe only problem is that there IS a standard of good/evil or right/wrong. The terrorist on 9/11 THOUGHT that what they were doing was good. So, with your rationale, the act wasnt evil because they thought it was good. NO! It WAS an evil act - we all KNOW that. Was it OK for them to live their life the way thaey wanted to? NO! What they thought was wrong. Theres a standard there. Agreed?

I use this extreme example to illustrate a point. THis can be applied to most any scenario. Is (fill in the blank) right or wrong? Theres a standard.

P.S. THere are many good mechanics out there that DO NOT take advantage of people.

Comment

If A=B and B=C then A=C so um...I guess my car is pretty evil....which seems true cause everyone says is have a baddd car...
                  -Rico

Click here to visit my CarDomain page!

01 Camaro Convertable, A4, White, Audiobahn 12" subs and amp 800W/RMS,Xenon
                  98 TA/WS6, M6, All options,stock with minor mods, stealth JL Audio-Sold
                  98 Camaro, V6, A4, Silver, Xenon Body kit, white guages, MTX system, custom interior SOLD
                  94 Camaro, 3.4L, M5, Quasar Blue, SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                    What about a society that conquers, rapes and pillages other societies? Thats pretty evil.
                    Like what happenned to the native Americans? I'm not sure about rape, but throw in destroying the buffalo herds for fun, not honoring the treaties, and giving them blankets infected with smallpox.

Of course, the Indians, also dealt out their own brand of evil like when they captured a missionary and skinned them alive, let the kids & women torture them for a day, then cut out their tongues, and finally burned them alive.

Evil? There's plenty to go around... Who knows, some beings from another planet might be horrified that we raise cattle, pigs, & chickens, and have whole factories to render them automatically just so we can have barbecue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                      Evil? There's plenty to go around... Who knows, some beings from another planet might be horrified that we raise cattle, pigs, & chickens, and have whole factories to render them automatically just so we can have barbecue.
                      MMmmmm Barbecue. I think i'm going to get a rack of ribs for lunch today!
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                      X