Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
    I am going to start arguing that no one is arguing here
    Yep, I don't see anybody being attacked.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      There won't be any need.... he'll bring Ontario to you.
      That is just painfully scary to us in the west. There are already enough people on the edge of revolt.
      '77 K5 rock-crawler project
      '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
      '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
      '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
      '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
      My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
        Yep, I don't see anybody being attacked.
        That's what sets this site aside from the others and what makes it awesome. We can talk about topics that are usually risky but we respect each others opinions and thoughts enough that we don't fight with each other.
        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
        SOLD- Kinda miss it
        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
        SOLD- Good riddance!
        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Man I had alot to say but markd79ta took the words right out of my mouth! I like the way you think Mark.

Somebody wanted to hear a little more about Kerry's view on the war. Here you go. Beware, you may want to grab a bucket because you are going to puke.

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/s...2004_0227.html

Comment

Like TraceZ and markd79ta eluded to previously, misinformation has become sadly abused and unfortunately believed. How someone can actually believe all of this propagated negativity surrounding Bush is beyond me?

Our public school systems have become a joke. I do also believe that the majority of teachers sought their jobs in order to educate our children and young adults. Unfortunately however, they become encapsulated within the over governed curriculums and agendas that they begin to warp them into teaching the kids what to believe and not how to discern what to belive on their own. This is where the real power in teaching resides, the ability to empower a kid to make the most of cognitive and rational intellect in order to not only form a moral and educated decision/opinion, but to act appropriately and without hesitation act upon those very decisions. It is called having a brain.

Everyone seems to be blaming parents nowadays for the downward spiral of our children's morals and actions. As evidently clear as this may be, I feel strongly that our public school system is no stranger to their ethical demise either. Some serious changes need to occur within our public school system in the near future or the problem is just going to snowball.

Comment

I have an idea about the school system, privatize it. Hire only non union workers. The teachers union is the major reason for the corruption. Throwing money at the problem won't fix it. Here is the proof, in the city of Atlanta, they spend over $13,000 per student and it is the worst school system in the nation. The next worst is the city of Washington D.C. which spends about the same amount. The best system which I can't remember where it was at the bottom of the cost list at under $7,000 per student. It is almost a backwards list. The more that is spent, the worst the grades. bizarre.

I can tell you what might be the biggest problem with the school system. Profiling or should I say the lack of. I was amazed at how many kids at my daughters school could not speak English. The are required by rule that they can not profile kids regardless of anything. Now you figure this out. You put kids in a class that don't understand English and how fast will that class progress. A class will only move as fast as the slowest student. They need to separate these kids and put them in classes with bi-lingual teachers. This will help both English and non English speaking kids. Keeping them together hurts everyone. This problem could be seriously slowed down if the government. Republican and Democrats, would put a stop to illegal immigration. I have a great idea for creating jobs. Build a US version of the great wall of China at the US Mexican border. I'm sure the "international court" would just love that.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I'll meet you there Jeff, i just gotta get my wall buildin gear lol
                Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                SOLD- Kinda miss it
                94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                SOLD- Good riddance!
                2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  I have an idea about the school system, privatize it. Hire only non union workers. The teachers union is the major reason for the corruption.

We have another bingo. That is exactly what school vouchers would allow. People could decide to take their voucher and spend it at a private school instead of the crappy public one. This would force public schools to compete for the voucher with the private ones. Supply and demand, capitolism, would take over the system. We would see schools competing for peoples vouchers, trying their hardest to attract the most students with the best program possible. Of courst, the teachers union and the democrats will never let it happen.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Well I thought I might as well put in my $.02 in, but Mark79TA and FastTA already did it for me.

Things I know from talking to my uncle has ties to the Pentagon and my cousin who is still in special forces:

1. There is evidence that Sadam tried to buy yellow cake uranium from a country in Africa.

2. Three nuclear missiles were uncovered in the desert near Takrit.

3. Ude's plastic shredding machine is no longer swallowing up prisoners (the lucky ones went in head first).

4. Five Iraqis (victims of Hussein) have had real cadaver hands successfully transplanted onto their arms by US doctors for free, but no TV station will air the documentary.

5. Kerry had nine months of prior warnings from security advisors that Logan airport was a security risk, but chose to ignore them.

6. There really are mountains in Colorado that open up so that AF1 can land inside.

7. The pentagon has an 8" medallion on the middle of the roof that is inscribed, "If you can read this from 40,000 feet, our technology is eight times better than yours".

And, personally, I think liberals are traitors...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                      And, personally, I think liberals are traitors...

Umm.... welllll..... I really wasn't going to say anything more.... just casually watch.... but , but, but......

That may be a bit harsh, Kevin (and I hope all of us knows that we all love each other here at f-body.com....), but it sort of puts my thoughts into a nutshell.

I'm sure that our liberal Americans love their contry, but for some reason they can not see what is happenning morally to our country. I guess if you do not know our Lord, and know how He built this country (and he REALLY did.... I don't care what anyone tries to say to the contrary ..... ask me and I'll show you how to find the TRUTH about our founding fathers ..... then you make your own educated decisions) ..... you can't see what's happening as we push Him out of the country.

I'm not saying that the Republican political party is all correct ... no way.

However, there is also no way we will have a President that is not from either the republican party or the democratic party .... anytime soon.

Soooo....... the WAYYYY lesser of the two evils...... republican.

AND ..... (since I'm at it, now..) no matter what any liberal "news" media person or outfit may falsely say, Bush is a God fearing moral man ..... but he's still a politician and the PARTY still controls the overall picture (whichever party is in control).

OK..... I put my foot into it........

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

I hate John Kerry he looks like an old fossil with his skinny face, gray hair and stupid smile. I vote George W. all the way.
                        1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Originally posted by purepwrta
                          I hate John Kerry he looks like an old fossil with his skinny face, gray hair and stupid smile. ....
                          Yeah, God coulda done him a favor and born him with a couple bolts sticking out of his neck - that way, he could have at least resembled a popular movie character.

That may be a bit harsh, Kevin (and I hope all of us knows that we all love each other here at f-body.com....), but it sort of puts my thoughts into a nutshell.
                          You're right Gordy- it was too harsh the way I said it. I think that most liberals have good intentions, but, many times, their actions serve to subvert the war effort and undermine the present administration in order to further their own agenda without regard to what really needs to be done to protect the country and our soldiers abroad. The news media is just amazing in this respect - they basically have made unbiased reporting a thing of the past. It's just like in the 60's where they are basically scared of the bad people in the world and all just want too hold hands and sing a song and make everything all right. We should all try to understand our enemies and feel their angst. Help them explore their inner selves and ask if their cowardly, murderous attacks on civilians are just their way of compensating for jealousy because we, in the states, have Hollywood, Disneyland, two cars in every garage, women who are allowed to wear pants, AND WE DON'T HAVE TO LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT!!!

Well, my philosophy is that if the leftys don't want to help make the hard decisions and the dirty job of fighting to preserve our lifestyle and freedom here in America as well as for the other opressed peoples of the world, then we (conservatives) will do it all and protect them from the bad guys whether they like it or not, and we will also protect their right to dissent, even though we might disagree with their point of view and their actions. But when they go so far as to travel to a foreign land that is in conflict with the US as an unofficial ambassador under the guise of representing the people of America and apologize for the stance our government has taken (Jane Fonda, Jesse Jackson, Sean Penn, etc.) - that's crossing the line. It makes me sick that so many people support them.

Comment

I too have refrained from getting involved in this thread.....but I think you guys are behaving exceptionally well considering the volatile nature of the subject.

Comment

I've been sitting back also, but I tend to agree with GG.

I thought I had seen John Kerry before, but I couldn't remember where until I came across this...

http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/lurch-kerry.jpg

Gary94Formula
                              2005 GTO (mine) K&N CAI and Magnaflow exhaust, drilled and slotted rotors, and other minor mods.
                              1994 Formula (mine) SOLD 6-23-08 Still miss it
                              2002 V6 Firebird (wifes)
                              2013 GMC Sierra (mine)
                              2011 Cadillac CTS4 (wifes)

Comment

I'm not partial to either side at this point. One thing i just don't quite understand is:

How come the dem. convention wasn't on regular tv? It was on pbs the last night it was aired, but other than that it needed, you had to have cable to watch it. You would think, atleast in my opinion that something of such importance (presidential candidate) would be accessible to the american public.

One thing that I think will favor the current military members is that Kerry actually saw combat. He know's how it is on the line. A silver star and 3 purple hearts says a lot. I'm not saying Bush did not serve his country, because he did, just not in the combat realm. With so many soldiers overseas, some serving more than one tour, there is something wrong with that picture, soldiers deploying so long on more than one occasion, that needs to be changed.

Kerry said this country was mislead. I agree and disagree with this. The war was started for all the right reasons. Now it seems like we've gotten ourselves so deeply involved, we cannot pull out and leave them be, but at the same time we can't afford more american lives or the funding it takes to stay there.

Also, I think that the release of Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911 will make a large impact on the voting decision. I know many soldiers who went and saw this movie, have listened to Kerry's speach, and are not the happiest people with Bush.

All in all, I think it will be a very close election and will prove interesting. I think neither candidate will be one of the greatest presidents in history, but will still be a good president, leader and commander in chief of the armed forces.
                                2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
                                Traded in: 1998 Z28
                                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

Working...
                                X