Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take an 01 SS?

Stock 01 SS, t top, 6 spd.

I will be running the 97 Z28, t top, 6 spd, K N FIPK, and magnaflow catback. I kept up nicely with him when I was stock... Think I'll be able to pull with these two mods? Assuming I am the better driver.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Originally posted by raroZ28
    Stock 01 SS, t top, 6 spd.

I will be running the 97 Z28, t top, 6 spd, K N FIPK, and magnaflow catback. I kept up nicely with him when I was stock... Think I'll be able to pull with these two mods? Assuming I am the better driver.

If you kept up with him when you were stock, you are a much better driver.

Equally skilled drivers and you should get beat pretty handily, especially at higher speeds. Those mods don't make that much of a difference.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Yeah broh, for instance with the mods that i have on my car(see sig), my friend with his 02 z-28 beat me by a car. But i pulled a car on him off the line but the ls-1's start to go faster than LT's after 80mph which is about where he put a car on me and all he had was a lid and exhaust. LS-1's are monsters.

Sorry officer, im not speeding... Im qualifying
      Daily Driver:1990 ford probe 5 speed with like 13 horsepower at the crank.

Comment

Dang I didn't know they were that much quicker. I didn't keep up with him neck and neck before. I kept up better than I thought, he had the faster car but not by much. I AM a better driver than him, and he is also obese (3x my weight), dunno how much of a difference that makes.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

The length of the race will be crutial. The shorter the run, the better chance you will have. Especially since you are the better driver and can launch better than he can. If you can get him out of the hole and row through the gears better than he can and the race is say 1/8 mile; you will win. If you are running the 1/4.....watch out....those LS1's pull real hard at the top end where our LT1's die off
          2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
          buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
          Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

nope.

if the guy knows how to drive .......no way.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Good luck, but i dont think u will take him, but let us know. Ive drove both cars 96 t/a and 99 ws6 and the 99 is way faster than my car even with me having a 373 gear and the ws6 only having the 323.
              1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

Comment

Yeah i hate to say it but the LS guys have us LT guys beat. Although the 01-02 LS-1 are alot faster than the rest because of the LS-6 intake. Ive hand 98-00 LS-1's there lunch before though.

Comment

He averages 13.6 ets in his car, and a best time of 13.4, and he struggled to get that. I thought a stock lt1 97 was at best a 13.8 second car. Those mods can't knock off a couple tenths off that time? The race will probably be up to 80 mph tops.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                    He averages 13.6 ets in his car, and a best time of 13.4, and he struggled to get that. I thought a stock lt1 97 was at best a 13.8 second car. Those mods can't knock off a couple tenths off that time? The race will probably be up to 80 mph tops.
                    Sorry to break it to you bro, but what you are "feeling" from those mods is most likely a placebo effect.

An intake and cat-back doesn't make up the 50 or so horsepower difference between the cars -- let alone the extra 500 RPMs in each gear. You may have the weight advantage because he is a fat (_|_), but you probably give that weight advantage right back with your engine weighing a fair amount more than his does.

If you really do feel that much of an increase in power after your mods, it's likely something was wrong beforehand.

I like those mods to give you one tenth, and one mph.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

You're in Michigan, right raro?

If so, I am not terribly far from stock myself. I would be happy to demonstrate to you what an LS1 can do -- especially from a roll

Comment

Yeah its possible that he isnt a good driver, cause the LS in the hands of the right person can easily net you on the swallow side of thirteens. However, if you hook up well and you only race to about 80 mph you got him beat because LT's are monsters off the line. It always amazes me how hard my car comes out of the hole. Thats how i win most of my races, getting the other car out of the hole and having them to play catch up. Most cars arent strong enough at the top to run down an LT stock for stock but the LS-1 is one of the few cars that can.

Comment

Originally posted by lt1maro
                          Yeah its possible that he isnt a good driver, cause the LS in the hands of the right person can easily net you on the swallow side of thirteens. However, if you hook up well and you only race to about 80 mph you got him beat because LT's are monsters off the line. It always amazes me how hard my car comes out of the hole. Thats how i win most of my races, getting the other car out of the hole and having them to play catch up. Most cars arent strong enough at the top to run down an LT stock for stock but the LS-1 is one of the few cars that can.

01 and 02 LS1s make more torque than the LT1 above 2200 RPMs. Even when I was completely stock, I embarassed several LT1 cars before even reaching 3rd gear.

Comment

did those LT's have anything done to them, many times i have raced LS-1's and i easily pull a car out of the hole but they catch me up top

Comment

Originally posted by lt1maro
                              did those LT's have anything done to them, many times i have raced LS-1's and i easily pull a car out of the hole but they catch me up top

Well, you aren't exactly stock....... the races I was talking about were against stock Lt1s when I was completely stock myself. I had no problem pulling on the cars right off the line.

But, I'll never forget on one of my first ever trips to the track, I had a stock LT1 Z28 line up next to me. He had DRs on. He obviously destroyed me out of the hole. At the end of the race, I had a four car advantage on him. 13.4 to his 13.8. When I hit third gear, it seemed like he went into reverse.

Comment

Working...
                              X