Can I take an 01 SS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do I need to beat him?

Loud mouth's that drive their daddy's car tick me off. I have to beat this car.

He is my age, and sometimes drives his dad's 35K car, thinks he's hott stuff and acts like it's his. I got my loan, I pay my bills, but that isn't enough to shut him up. I GOTTA BEAT 'EM
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

A guy at work has a 93 T/A 6-speed - we went at it from a light - we were fender to fender until about 35 - then I walked him....bad. The LT1 is very strong off the line just runs out of gas...

To beat him- cheapest easiest way is NOS. A 75 or 100 shot should do
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

No nitrous, no FI.

I know the ls1 is better guys lol, I just wanna know the recipe to beating a stock ls1 with an lt1.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
          what do I need to beat him?

Loud mouth's that drive their daddy's car tick me off. I have to beat this car.

He is my age, and sometimes drives his dad's 35K car, thinks he's hott stuff and acts like it's his. I got my loan, I pay my bills, but that isn't enough to shut him up. I GOTTA BEAT 'EM
          Nitrous. Mission accomplished.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            No nitrous, no FI.

I know the ls1 is better guys lol, I just wanna know the recipe to beating a stock ls1 with an lt1.

You are talking about quite a bit of money there. Do all the bolt-ons, and an LT4 conversion and I give you the nod with enough insurance to rub it in.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

yeah, speed costs, that's all right, if I don't spend it on my car I'll probably spend it on other junk

Which bolt ons are we talkin'?

Headers, off road Y?

4.10 is going on after the magnaflow, could be within a few weeks, if I can do it myself. If I have to pay a shop over 300 on top of the price of the gear it may take longer.

Do those JET chips really work?

Comment

No nitrous no FI? Limiting our options eh? LOL. Without those options I think you are talking major $$ to get an LT1 to outrun an LS1 - with equal drivers. 0-80 will not be that bad - especially if you get him out of the whole and he cannot drive well. You are talking heads, cam, LT headers, etc. - to guarantee a victory I mean
                Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Comment

Changing the gears is a good idea - that would certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                    Changing the gears is a good idea - that would certainly help.

I gotta disagree big time, Casey.

raro, if you change the gears to a 4.10 without getting your engine to spin higher RPMs you are going to forfeit the lower gears even sooner than you already are.

If you thought an LS1 pulled on you hard when you were in third gear 65 mph, imagine how hard it is going to pull on you when you are in 4th at 75.

A stock LT1 with 4.10s is a bad idea to take on an LS1. You need to cam it before 4.10s make sense.

Comment

Casey, do you have AIM?

Comment

makes perfect sense jay, i hear that...

Damn these N/A cars... I knocked 3 seconds off my conquest with ease...

Comment

Jay - you are probably right on the gears - I was thinking he could improve his launch - but by 80 he is going to have a problem.

Re: AIM - I do at work - haven't had amuch of a need for it here - at work my AIM is "casey at mmc"

Comment

casey you work at mitsubishi?? mmc?

I thought the gear would help me snap speed quicker. Engine is spinning at the same RPM but the gear would rotate more, wouldn't it? That mod wouldn't improve a 1/4 et at all?

Comment

Don't mean to hijack the thread but a guy around here is running low 11s in a 98 Corvette - no mods but a HUGE shot of NOS - 225 shot We're all taking bets how long it will last but he does not seem to have any problems yet - and he absolutely punishes it - on the street and on the track.

Comment

Not Mitsubishi - I work for a mortgage company "Mercantile Mortgage Company" - much less exciting - lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X