No announcement yet.

people need to mind there own buisness or call the cops more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

educate people about guns, register guns, register owners, register people with carry permits, crack down on the already existing gun laws and put these criminals out of buisness. let the american public that wants to own a gun own it, let people have the choice, dont make it for them. if you mess up with a gun thats it your done with them forever. also register people, for the purpose of having kids. too many people have kids, and neglect or abuse them to the point that they turn to drugs and violence, guns, baseball bats, explosives, crack, weed, xtc. is the gun really the problem? are the laws and issue? or is it there upbringing, the way they are treated while developing?
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

I vote upbringing...
      I work for a School Division as their Network engineer. I see parents sticking up for their kids even when the kids are bad. This sends a message to the children that no matter what i do mommy and daddy are gona get me outa trouble. I also see wide spread problems of parent just using school as a baby sitter, no lunch no proper clothing, its terrible. I have an Aunt that freaks on the school for trying to discipline her child, and he’s a little bastard. But he knows he can’t do anything wrong. I grew up with a fear of consequences, kids have know consequences now, spank your kid you’re a child beater; teachers have no power because of parents protecting the kids. And we wonder why they go and kill other kids, they have no consequences. Here in Canada when you turn 18 your record is cleared. If you kill someone when your 12-16 big deal your cleared at 18 anyways. No moral teachings are also part of the slide of respect. When I got in trouble at school it was worse when I got home, work on the farm boy. Now my Aunts kid gets in trouble and she brings him to a physiologist to tell him it’s all ok.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by Squat13
        you know when I was 9 I found my dads stash of ammo and his safe key. So you know what I did, I went and opened the safe and pulled out one of his bird guns. I drew it like I saw him do, I opened the breach like I was going to load it but for some reason i didnt, I just tried to fling it shut like I had seen in so many movies. I will almost bet that if that gun had not pinched the ever loving sh#t out of me i WOULD HAVE OPENED IT AGAIN AND LOADED IT. Then what. I would have been like that outher kid I saw that blew his own brains out only because he was to young to know what he was holding. My dad would have cried. My mom would be devistated. It would have ruined my hole familys life. now tell me that shooting some guy that takes a few hundred dollers of stero equipment or a TV is more important than the life of a child that you love, and I will call you ignorant.
        You know who's fault that would have been, your fathers. Parents are responsible for anything a person does until they are 18 years old. That's the law. Keep something from a kid and it makes them want it more. Show them everything about it including safety and they won't want it near as bad. My parents kept guns away from me. I found a way to get access to them. Luckily my best friend had an older brother who taught me how to use them safely and how to respect them.

It is illegal for anyone including a cop to shoot someone in the back if they are running away from you for robbery. Period. You must be in fear of your life to legally shoot someone. I don't know anyone who would do otherwise. Contrary to what you might think, legal gun owners are the most responsible people when it comes to the sanctity of human life. However if you are not willing shoot someone if you are in fear for your life, they will probably take the gun from you and kill you with it. You are the type of person who should not carry a gun. But that should not infringe on my right to carry one. It's ignorant to be afraid of guns. Guns don't sit on the table and kill someone. It takes a person to pull the trigger. Knives don't kill people sitting on the table. It takes a person to pick it up and stab someone. Cars don't kill people sitting in the carport. It takes someone behind the wheel to kill someone. Should anything that can kill you be outlawed? Cars kill thousands more people a year than guns do.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          You know who's fault that would have been, your fathers. Parents are responsible for anything a person does until they are 18 years old. That's the law. Keep something from a kid and it makes them want it more. Show them everything about it including safety and they won't want it near as bad. My parents kept guns away from me. I found a way to get access to them. Luckily my best friend had an older brother who taught me how to use them safely and how to respect them.

It is illegal for anyone including a cop to shoot someone in the back if they are running away from you for robbery. Period. You must be in fear of your life to legally shoot someone. I don't know anyone who would do otherwise. Contrary to what you might think, legal gun owners are the most responsible people when it comes to the sanctity of human life. However if you are not willing shoot someone if you are in fear for your life, they will probably take the gun from you and kill you with it. You are the type of person who should not carry a gun. But that should not infringe on my right to carry one. It's ignorant to be afraid of guns. Guns don't sit on the table and kill someone. It takes a person to pull the trigger. Knives don't kill people sitting on the table. It takes a person to pick it up and stab someone. Cars don't kill people sitting in the carport. It takes someone behind the wheel to kill someone. Should anything that can kill you be outlawed? Cars kill thousands more people a year than guns do.

WELL SAID, if only more people could see the light
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Bout a month ago I had a guy run me off the road as I left work. I had to make a left across the two west-bound lanes to get to the east-boud lanes. Granted it was rush hour, but this dude sat there for 10 minutes with plenty of gaps to cross. When he finally went, I jumped across just behind him. As he went into the nearest lane, I proceeded to go the long way around him. As soon as he saw me attempt to pass him he swerved into me, almost loosing control of his own vehicle and sending me into the grass. What the guy did not think bout was that we leave work around the same time every day. It was only a matter of days before it was my turn to be in front. I know I sat there for 15 minutes as he cussed and honked. My girlfriend was on the other end of my phone laughing her ass off. I then lit em up and left him gagging in the rubber and smoke. Now when I leave the guy is always still at work. HEHEHEHE
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

I've grown up around guns and hunted all my life. I'm 18 and now I mostly hunt archery for the challenge, but I still shoot guns regularly and hunt with them some. I also would not be affraid to protect myself with them if I had no other options. My father always kept the guns locked up but would frequently get them out and take me shooting. He taught me how to shoot very well, but his main concern was drilling into my head gun saftey. Whether its a rifle pistol or shotgun when I pick one up out of instinct I always make sure its unloaded, safteys on, and its pointed in a safe direction. I think its much better that younger children learn about guns because if taught the right way young it will stick in their head and become habbit. I have a healthy fear of guns. But I also have certain things about them ingrained in my head. I still remeber when I shot my first deer when I was 12 I was too excited at that moment to even remeber my own name but out of instinct the saftey went back on and the gun was always pointed in a safe direction.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

Man back in miami Fl in my old neighborhood i would never get any crap about my car... my neighbor had a 53 chevy pickup with a 502 in it and man was it loud, and my street had black lines all over it from me and my friends laying down some rubber and also randome guys that would drive by in their muscle car and see our F-body hangout and they would also leave their marks hehe now where i live.....it sux... this is a true story no lie theirs this street where alot of little kids live in well one day im driving by and im going about 15mph if i wasnt going 15 then it was slower and i drop her in nuetral and rev it to about 2300rpm and i have 2chamber flow's and theirs this guy walking with his wife daughter and and son thats like 3yrs old and their about to cross the street about 60-70ft ahead of me and i didint rev 4 them i just felt like doing u know how it is and i wasnt even paying attention to them and this guy pulls his kid back by the arm looks like he hurts him by doing it and as i idle by him and his wife are staring at me hard and the guy goes and i quote "cant u see this is a dam neighborhood".........OMG!! like seriously WTF!!! man this F**kin p*ssed me off soo bad this was like 3 months ago i couldnt belive what i heard, i just wanted to dumped the clutch at like 5000rpm do 180 stop right infront of them and do the baddest burn out of my life!! and ask him "how do u like this". dont get me wrong i dont have road rage or anything im like soo mellow and chill but dam dude what the hell, r u blind or just stupid? (and i c him everyday too guess he dont have nothing better 2 do he must like the fact that my car is not running)cant u see how lang its taking me to reach where u r?!?!, its little things like this that cause people to snap after a while.....
                1967 Camaro "Project"
                1972 Chevelle "454"
                1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

I know i'm not even experienced to know my @$$ from my elbow yet as i'm only 18, but i don't think that banning guns will do much of anything. Think about prohibition. The government thought that by making alcohol illegal, it would eradicate the problem. Look at what happened with that. Speakeasy's and what not all over the place. The mafia started selling illegal alcohol too. Many people even view that as the beginning of organized crime in the U.S. Many people love to use the Comlumbine defense but few people bring up the fact that they turned the guns on themselves. They also had pipe bombs with nails taped to them for additional shrapnel. I don't exactly think that's legal either but they used them. People get robbed in the bathrooms of my college all the time. I sincerely doubt that any of those robbers put a licensed gun to their victims face. People need to get their kicks somehow and most of the time, they do it with illegal things like drugs and underage drinking. Look at all of it- guns= power, being 16 and getting drunk makes you feel big and tough, to many people, speeding makes them feel like a hardass, getting into lots of unecessary fights makes people feel tough. Look at it, people just want to feel like their intimidating and powerful. Look at gangs. They'll rob someone for $5!! It's not like that $5 is actually going to make any kind of difference in their lives, they just do it to bully people. Everyone has something to prove nowadays. I'm sure many of you have seen "Bowling for Columbine". Moore asks why Canada is very similar to the U.S. but has nowhere near the crime. I guess that Canadians don't feel as obligated to prove themselves to we do. Americans are known to be very arrogant. I've been harassed all throughout school for no reason. I can just turn the other cheek though since i couldn't care less if i look tough or not. If someone really goes out of their way to do something bad then yeah, there's gonna be a problem but honestly, if someone gives you the finger, is it really worth punching their face in? It seems like everyone is going for this "bad boy" image and that's just stupid. Look at that video that DJTaso posted of that guy smashing some ladies PT Cruiser up. What does that accomplish? As i said before, the only thing that makes sense to me is that everyone is trying to be tough and perhaps, compensate for something.
                  Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                  SOLD- Good riddance!
                  2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                    Man back in miami Fl in my old neighborhood i would never get any crap about my car... my neighbor had a 53 chevy pickup with a 502 in it and man was it loud, and my street had black lines all over it from me and my friends laying down some rubber and also randome guys that would drive by in their muscle car and see our F-body hangout and they would also leave their marks hehe now where i live.....it sux... this is a true story no lie theirs this street where alot of little kids live in well one day im driving by and im going about 15mph if i wasnt going 15 then it was slower and i drop her in nuetral and rev it to about 2300rpm and i have 2chamber flow's and theirs this guy walking with his wife daughter and and son thats like 3yrs old and their about to cross the street about 60-70ft ahead of me and i didint rev 4 them i just felt like doing u know how it is and i wasnt even paying attention to them and this guy pulls his kid back by the arm looks like he hurts him by doing it and as i idle by him and his wife are staring at me hard and the guy goes and i quote "cant u see this is a dam neighborhood".........OMG!! like seriously WTF!!! man this F**kin p*ssed me off soo bad this was like 3 months ago i couldnt belive what i heard, i just wanted to dumped the clutch at like 5000rpm do 180 stop right infront of them and do the baddest burn out of my life!! and ask him "how do u like this". dont get me wrong i dont have road rage or anything im like soo mellow and chill but dam dude what the hell, r u blind or just stupid? (and i c him everyday too guess he dont have nothing better 2 do he must like the fact that my car is not running)cant u see how lang its taking me to reach where u r?!?!, its little things like this that cause people to snap after a while.....

With a due repsect, I can see how that would have alarmed the guy...imagine..you are crossing the street and the car coming towards you suddenly revs his engine. It probably startled him considering that his 3 yeard old son was in the street at the time. I am guessing you are fairly young so you probably wouldn't be able to relate as well. I don't have any kids, but I do have a few young nieces and nephews and I know that any little thing like that that seems to be putting them in danger (whether it really is or not) would make me get defensive real fast. He had no idea what your intentions were or if you were even paying attention (which you said you weren't) so I can see how it would have alarmed him. Obviously, you weren't trying to scare them and certainly didn't have any intention of speeding towards them or anything, but he didn't know that. I'm not trying to flame you or anything...just trying to help you see his side. Maybe then you can let it go and just be the wiser for it. Hope you don't take any offense to this.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

What is the point of revving your engine in a neighborhood for nobody in particular? It's pointless. And just loud and disruptive.
                      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                        What is the point of revving your engine in a neighborhood for nobody in particular? It's pointless. And just loud and disruptive.
                        If I was crossing the street with my children and someone I dont know came along and rev'd their loud motor I would take it as a possible threat. I would feel very vulnerable and want to get my kids to safety as quick as possible just incase the driver was crazy. My kids are too important to risk even the possibility of harm. I have no idea who is in the car, or what they may be capable of. I would defenitely not be happy with you.

Bottom line... If kids are around, parents are VERY protective. Dont even mess around. It's not cool.
                        Tracy
                        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                        Current Mods:
                        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                          I know i'm not even experienced to know my @$$ from my elbow yet as i'm only 18, but i don't think that banning guns will do much of anything. Think about prohibition. The government thought that by making alcohol illegal, it would eradicate the problem. Look at what happened with that. Speakeasy's and what not all over the place. The mafia started selling illegal alcohol too. Many people even view that as the beginning of organized crime in the U.S. Many people love to use the Comlumbine defense but few people bring up the fact that they turned the guns on themselves. They also had pipe bombs with nails taped to them for additional shrapnel. I don't exactly think that's legal either but they used them. People get robbed in the bathrooms of my college all the time. I sincerely doubt that any of those robbers put a licensed gun to their victims face. People need to get their kicks somehow and most of the time, they do it with illegal things like drugs and underage drinking. Look at all of it- guns= power, being 16 and getting drunk makes you feel big and tough, to many people, speeding makes them feel like a hardass, getting into lots of unecessary fights makes people feel tough. Look at it, people just want to feel like their intimidating and powerful. Look at gangs. They'll rob someone for $5!! It's not like that $5 is actually going to make any kind of difference in their lives, they just do it to bully people. Everyone has something to prove nowadays. I'm sure many of you have seen "Bowling for Columbine". Moore asks why Canada is very similar to the U.S. but has nowhere near the crime. I guess that Canadians don't feel as obligated to prove themselves to we do. Americans are known to be very arrogant. I've been harassed all throughout school for no reason. I can just turn the other cheek though since i couldn't care less if i look tough or not. If someone really goes out of their way to do something bad then yeah, there's gonna be a problem but honestly, if someone gives you the finger, is it really worth punching their face in? It seems like everyone is going for this "bad boy" image and that's just stupid. Look at that video that DJTaso posted of that guy smashing some ladies PT Cruiser up. What does that accomplish? As i said before, the only thing that makes sense to me is that everyone is trying to be tough and perhaps, compensate for something.
                          Very well put...it is definitely a problem with society and not guns. Morals have been replaced by political correctness.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                            If I was crossing the street with my children and someone I dont know came along and rev'd their loud motor I would take it as a possible threat. I would feel very vulnerable and want to get my kids to safety as quick as possible just incase the driver was crazy. My kids are too important to risk even the possibility of harm. I have no idea who is in the car, or what they may be capable of. I would defenitely not be happy with you.

Bottom line... If kids are around, parents are VERY protective. Dont even mess around. It's not cool.

Totally. Not to mention that reving your engine for no reason in particular is extremely meat-headish. There is a time and place for it -- like car shows, cruises, or any other place where people want to be entertained by your car. But any un-welcomed showboating is just annoying and makes the driver look childish...

I remember driving down to Florida with a buddy last year. It was my turn to catch some Zzzzz's and when I woke up, we were pulling in to a gas station. To announce his arrival, my buddy reved up in the gas station at like 3 in the morning... I groaned and ducked down in my seat in embarassment.

I just looked at him and shook my head and said, "don't be 'that guy'. Nobody likes 'that guy'. "
                            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                            X