No announcement yet.

WS6 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard to find WS6 with a 5 speed in the late 80s early 90s, seems as though autos were the thing to have, at least here in Canada. Plus if you wanted the 350 you had to have an auto. No 350 standards, just 305 standards autos and 350 autos.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
    Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
    6.2L/382.97 ci
    Custom PROM Dyno tuned
    WCT-5 speed
    BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
    Boss MS 18" Rims
    Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
    Custom Dual exhaust
    1LE upgrade
    Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
    In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

i think that is the best combnation in the world a hot looking girl in a hot pontiac
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Hey all I have an 02ws6 with an automatic, there is nothing wrong with that since I have beaten my fair share of manual ss's and t/as in my day. Bone stock went a 13.4@105 mph. Not the fastest I know but if you learn how to drive it they can be quite as fast if not faster because of the launch then a 6spd. The ws6 option is wheels(no suspension with the ls1 since all of gms got the new suspension with the liquid in the shock) a ram air hood a different wing and a little bit better exhaust and of course badging.
        02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

if you don't believe me here you go.
          Attached Files
          02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

Originally posted by 02ws602wrx
            Hey all I have an 02ws6 with an automatic, there is nothing wrong with that since I have beaten my fair share of manual ss's and t/as in my day. Bone stock went a 13.4@105 mph. Not the fastest I know but if you learn how to drive it they can be quite as fast if not faster because of the launch then a 6spd. The ws6 option is wheels(no suspension with the ls1 since all of gms got the new suspension with the liquid in the shock) a ram air hood a different wing and a little bit better exhaust and of course badging.
            The wing is a Trans Am wing, not a WS6 wing.

I'm also fairly sure the WS6 suspension is indeed upgraded from the base Trans Am models.

Welcome to the board.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
              The wing is a Trans Am wing, not a WS6 wing.

I'm also fairly sure the WS6 suspension is indeed upgraded from the base Trans Am models.

Welcome to the board.

You're correct on both the wing and the suspension.
              '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
              (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Comment

The wing I am not so sure of but definetely positive on the suspension same as on the stock t/as. And I am happy to be here it is definetely a cool place to be and read up on my favorite toy in the whole world.

Comment

On the 89 did you get any badges for the ws6? My dash has "performance suspension" where the glovebox should be. Was that a different option?
                  1989 TA
                  Flowmaster exhaust
                  Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                  K&N CAI
                  Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disifer
                    On the 89 did you get any badges for the ws6? My dash has "performance suspension" where the glovebox should be. Was that a different option?

"Performance Suspension" on the dash means it's a WS6 car. "WS6" will also appear in the option codes that should be in your center console. If I remember correctly, the only other badging 3rd gen WS6 cars got were WS6 center caps on some years, not all.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The wing I am not so sure of but definetely positive on the suspension same as on the stock t/as. And I am happy to be here it is definetely a cool place to be and read up on my favorite toy in the whole world.
                      The wing is a T/A wing. Nothing special about it for the WS6. The suspension is NOT a stock T/A suspension. Larger roll bars, stiffer springs and shocks, larger wheels. Hence the term "Performance and Handling Package". The ram air and exhaust was the performance, the suspension upgrades was the handling.
                      Dave M

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                        "Performance Suspension" on the dash means it's a WS6 car. "WS6" will also appear in the option codes that should be in your center console. If I remember correctly, the only other badging 3rd gen WS6 cars got were WS6 center caps on some years, not all.
                        89 will have the WS6 center caps. All the TTA's had WS6 suspension and had gold lettered WS6 centercaps.
                        Rob
                        04 GTO

Comment

the rims are the handling part. The suspension is normal t/a unless you can prove to me otherwise by literature stating that it is not. The ws6 handling and suspension package is just a sales scheme. The ws6 is made by ASC and they did not put any suspension in them. JUST looks. If you believe that the ws6 made more h.p. by the muffler and the ram air hood then I have a bridge to sell you in brooklyn.

Comment

the rims are the handling part. The suspension is normal t/a unless you can prove to me otherwise by literature stating that it is not. The ws6 handling and suspension package is just a sales scheme. The ws6 is made by ASC and they did not put any suspension in them. JUST looks. If you believe that the ws6 made more h.p. by the muffler and the ram air hood then I have a bridge to sell you in brooklyn.
                            woah easy big fella, im going to suggest that you do just a little more research before you bash any ones cars around here. im not calling you correct or incorrect, but id take a good look at the list of parts that goes into a WS-6 before i flamed any one if i were you
                            2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
                            1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
                            past rides:
                            1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
                            2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
                            1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
                            2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
                            2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
                            1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
                            1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
                            1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Quoted from my '97 Pontiac Firebird Brochure: "For 1997, Trans Am is available with Ram Air (know on the option sheet as WS6) - a package whose main attraction is the functional cold-air induction system that's better able to satisfy the 5.7 liter V8's ravenous appetite for oxygen. By providing improved airflow, the dynometer needle moves from 285 horsepower to 305. A complete performance package, WS6 for coupes also includes special chassis components such as higher rate springs, tighter valved shocks, stiffer bushings and steamroller-sized tires (275/40ZR17) that carry a speed rating high enough to make them legal for racing in the SCCA and IMSA."

I can get you a picture of that document if you'd like. Or you could always check with your dealer. WS6 and T/A springs/shocks/sway bars will have difefrent part numbers.

As others have said, maybe you should do a little more reserach before spouting out information as fact.
                              Dave M

Comment

My stock rims had WS6 on the center and my car has the preformance suspention tag on the dash. The RPO codes also say its a WS6. I have seen some 88 WS6 cars that had the center caps and others that didnt so that must be a transition year for the center caps.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                                6.2L/382.97 ci
                                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                                WCT-5 speed
                                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                                Boss MS 18" Rims
                                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                                Custom Dual exhaust
                                1LE upgrade
                                Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                                In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                                X