WS6 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azkkn
    i dont know what he means by it, but i have got to tell you i have lost more girl friends because i spent too much time in the garage or doing things with my car. its hard to find a girl who is into this stuff let alone owns and drives one.
    My husband told me he was hooked on me the moment he met me because I wasn't afraid to get grease under my nails!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/753605

Comment

I can say with great certainty that the WS6/SS package for the F-bods included suspension upgrades....the ones already listed above. I sold Chevy's for about a year back in 2001 and that was one of the main parts of the SS package listed on the sticker. Do you still have the sticker from when you bought your bird? If so, read it again. If not, check out the faq page above. I think it had a section dedicated to what components came in which packages. And if that doesn't work, just do a search online...they don't call it the informaton super highway for nothin. Do some research, I think you will find the that the guys on this forum know what they are talking about. And welcome to the forum.

Here ya go...just go towards the bottom of the page... http://www.classicalpontiac.com/articles/98ta.html

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 02ws602wrx
        the rims are the handling part. The suspension is normal t/a unless you can prove to me otherwise by literature stating that it is not. The ws6 handling and suspension package is just a sales scheme. The ws6 is made by ASC and they did not put any suspension in them. JUST looks. If you believe that the ws6 made more h.p. by the muffler and the ram air hood then I have a bridge to sell you in brooklyn.

uhh... the rims are the handling part?

Tell me more about that bridge...
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

the rims are the handling part. The suspension is normal t/a unless you can prove to me otherwise by literature stating that it is not. The ws6 handling and suspension package is just a sales scheme. The ws6 is made by ASC and they did not put any suspension in them. JUST looks. If you believe that the ws6 made more h.p. by the muffler and the ram air hood then I have a bridge to sell you in brooklyn.
          I must say the in the 80s the WS6 was all about the suspension upgrades! It got level 3 suspension which included, better shocks, bigger swaybars, and bigger 16x9.5 rims. The Trans am got level 2 and the base line firebird got level 1 which was for comfort, not performance. Also got a different gear ratio and the 9 bolt aussi posi. Also 89 and after got dual cats. WS6 also netted rear disc brakes in the later years (87+ i believe) and dash badging "performance suspension" There were many other opiton that could override certine options in the WS6 package such as the B4C or 1LE and a few others that were just parts of the 1LE and B4C packages.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
          Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
          6.2L/382.97 ci
          Custom PROM Dyno tuned
          WCT-5 speed
          BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
          Boss MS 18" Rims
          Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
          Custom Dual exhaust
          1LE upgrade
          Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
          In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

yes the rims are the handling part bigger wheels equal bigger tires equals better handling more tire contact with the road. Give me a millon dollars and I will tell you more about the bridge. lol
            02ws6 auto 329.1hp @ 5500rpm 335.2lbsft.@5500rpm. Also 02wrx auto. Website Http://hometown.aol.com/vins87gn/vinnyscars.html

Comment

yes the rims are the handling part bigger wheels equal bigger tires equals better handling more tire contact with the road. Give me a millon dollars and I will tell you more about the bridge. lol

wow, thanks for the enlightenment o master of the F-Body. i guess ignorance is bliss, or denial really hurts.
              2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
              1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
              past rides:
              1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
              2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
              1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
              2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
              2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
              1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
              1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
              1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
                wow, thanks for the enlightenment o master of the F-Body. i guess ignorance is bliss, or denial really hurts.
                I think it is denial...did he not read any of the other posts? Doesn't he realize the amount of knowledge of F-bodies that is represented by these board members? good lord...you'd think thathe figures we all joined this board after he did, and have never looked any further into our cars than the driver's seat. No real F-bod enthusiasts who know what they are talking about here, no sir. Some people just won't believe something unless the CEO of GM was standing there in front of him with a copy of the parts list of the WS6 signed by the engineer who designed the car and notarized by the top notary public in the country. Yeesh.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Educate yourself:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...WS6+suspension

98-99 the WS6/SS suspensions had different spring rates, sway bars, rims, and tires.

00-02 the springs were the same on all V8 models, but the WS6 suspension still included bigger sway bars in addition to the rims and tires.

Also... bigger tires don't directly translate to better handling... ever seen the whopping lateral G's that funny cars pull??? Yowza!!!
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

You asked for evidence, I gave you evidence. See my post on page 2 of this thread. I'm still willing to photograph that document if you'd like.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Here's a copy of my sticker. That specific tuned suspension included different rate springs, different sway bars, and shocks. Along with the 17" wheels and tires.

Rob
                      04 GTO

Comment

Again, you're wrong dude. The wheels are PART of the better handling. The suspension is different, but the larger wheels do also ADD to the handling, however the difference between a 16" and 17" wheel in vertical stiffness isn't enough to give the difference in handling that the WS6 does offer, even when combined with the extra width of the wheel and the extra approx. 30 mm of tire width. Also, I believe it was SLP that did the WS6 for GM, not ASC. ASC was the brain behind the GNX back in 87.
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

SLP did the 96-97 WS6. ASC did the 98-02 WS6.
                          Rob
                          04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                            SLP did the 96-97 WS6. ASC did the 98-02 WS6.
                            Ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks for the info Rob.
                            Steve
                            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
                            X