No announcement yet.

Thinking of buying a '00 or '01 TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice ride there! its the same color that my Firebird is it is a pain to keep clean though, thats my only gripe about the midnight blue.
    2000 Firebird, midnight blue, chrome 5 spokes

Comment

Thanks

I have to say I'm pretty happy with her pick as well.

Funny thing - it's feels like you're flying when driving this car. I guess because it's so low to the ground. I can't hardly make myself go 70 on the interstate - I feel like I'm going over 100. I'm sure that'll pass after we get used to it.

Those floormats look pretty good. We'll probably order some in the next week.

The car came with traction control. It's probably a good thing because my wife just learned to drive about 2 years ago. I warned her that it might push up the pedal and alarm her. I doubt she will be driving aggressively enough that it would be much of a problem. Heck, I wanted to see how fast the car is so once I gave it a quick zip from 0 to 40 (with the TCS on) and she's all upset ("Oh, my POOOOR car." HAHA). I don't guess there's any point in doing any performance mods.

Comment

Originally posted by oldbutspry
        I have to say I'm pretty happy with her pick as well.

Funny thing - it's feels like you're flying when driving this car. I guess because it's so low to the ground. I can't hardly make myself go 70 on the interstate - I feel like I'm going over 100. I'm sure that'll pass after we get used to it.

Those floormats look pretty good. We'll probably order some in the next week.

The car came with traction control. It's probably a good thing because my wife just learned to drive about 2 years ago. I warned her that it might push up the pedal and alarm her. I doubt she will be driving aggressively enough that it would be much of a problem. Heck, I wanted to see how fast the car is so once I gave it a quick zip from 0 to 40 (with the TCS on) and she's all upset ("Oh, my POOOOR car." HAHA). I don't guess there's any point in doing any performance mods.
        Hehehehe... let her know the car lives for that kind of stuff

Don't let her drive it too slow!
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I used to get ~ 18 combo city/ highway with my '95 auto. I'd definitely get a stick if I were to get a new one. Between gas mileage, power, and longevity, they have a lot of benefits. Theyre nice to drive too- not at all like the HD muscle car trannies of before.

Nice daily driver, but like other guys have said, theyre not snow cars. Open the door and snow blankets the driver seat- no traction (posi just makes it hairy with the short wheelbase)- cant find anything to hook onto if you're stuck- just not made for it. Other than that mine was a good driver for 3 years with only problems generally associated with non-LS1 cars and high mileage(nearly 190k when I sold it)

Comment

Working...
          X