I put down a deposit on a new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been there done that.

you wont be happy........ nice car......but you wont be happy.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
      when you're trying to pick up the ladies, a Corvette just tells them you're trying to make up for other shortcomings, if you get my drift, or you're using the car to pick up chicks (which you probably are)...
      Hey hey hey now!!!!!!!!
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
        yup...GM cars are still a generation behind most imports. There the best GM has ever brought to market, but when you sit in one and then a competitor's in the same class...night and day...okay, maybe not night and day, but it's significant enough.

I have faith GM cars will be up to par in another 5-6 years...
        I'd say night and day is a pretty good description when comparing the Legacy to the Impala in interior quality.
        Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          I'd say night and day is a pretty good description when comparing the Legacy to the Impala in interior quality.
          Bottom line. It is your car, money, personal needs and preferences. Buy what makes YOU happy. PERIOD!
          LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
            Bottom line. It is your car, money, personal needs and preferences. Buy what makes YOU happy. PERIOD!
            thats the whole key.

i was relating to him from my experience over the years when i "went that route"....jay sounds like he has the same blood as most the enthusiasts here do

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

It's tough to find just one car that makes you happy. The ones that have some practicality usually compromise in another area. When Jay gets set with money and storage space, he can get a daily driver that isn't too offensive and then a hotrod to make him happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                It's tough to find just one car that makes you happy. The ones that have some practicality usually compromise in another area. When Jay gets set with money and storage space, he can get a daily driver that isn't too offensive and then a hotrod to make him happy.
                That's what I'm thinking too... a little patience is a virtue. Besides, the C5 Z06 is going to be overshadowed by the C6 Z06 in a big hurry... why not wait until I can get the car that I really want??? In the meantime... it's a classy, practical, good performing daily driver that will do everything I need.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                  Gee..... I think I'm the poster child for that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    They only make the spec.B edition in that silver picture you see in the photo. However, that photo is really quite poor. It makes the color almost have a brown/beige tint to it, but it doesn't. It's slightly darker than your normal silver - it's a pretty cool color. Also, the interior leather has a little more maroon/purple tint - it looks a lot more red in the photo than it really is.

I've heard the same about the transmission. However, I think that is the standard WRX transmission (which this car has). They put the STi motor in the car, but left the STi transmission on the sidelines, which seems like a curious choice. The car sets cruise on the highway at 3100 RPMs... and it has a lot of get-up-and-go from there. It's unecessary. I'm thinking if I put the STi tranny on the car, give myself a 6th gear, I can save some fuel economy as well as give the transmission some strength to hold up to some abuse.
                    From the Subie guys I've talked to (I race with one in Halo a lot), its not as simple as just swapping the tranny from a WRX gearbox to an STi one. You've gotta swap the whole driveline. Do some research. And yes, everything I've heard about the WRX tranny is bad.
                    Steve
                    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-S
                      Did you consider the 06 Impala SS? I think if I was going to buy a 4 door sedan I would put the Impy on my list of cars to look at and test.
                      Dude, honestly, after u take a ride in the Impala and ur semi-turning and you punch it, u will be fighting to keep the wheel straight. Its just stupid. I would go for the Suburu over any GM sedan any day. Very nice car Jay. U will love that AWD. Its some serious fun. I messed around in my buddies STI. all i have to say it, "WOW."
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

And look at it this way... when you're trying to pick up the ladies, a Corvette just tells them you're trying to make up for other shortcomings, if you get my drift
                        Or, if the ladies have half a brain, the Corvette will tell them that you are a successful man with good taste and a passion for fast cars.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                          Or, if the ladies have half a brain, the Corvette will tell them that you are a successful man with good taste and a passion for fast cars.

Ladies don't usually see cars that way, unless they're into cars themselves.
                          Dave M
                          Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Ladies don't usually see cars that way, unless they're into cars themselves.
                            There are plenty of them out there that don't just blindly assume that every man that drives a fast sportscar is a prick trying to make up for something.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              There are plenty of them out there that don't just blindly assume that every man that drives a fast sportscar is a prick trying to make up for something.
                              Ah-hah! Do you see? Dave, being from the north, sees the same thing I do... girls here are NOT impressed with fast cars!!!! A classy import will get you significantly more attention than a sporty domestic...

Comment

That car looks nice, love the interior and the performance seems to be just as nice. Would be an awesome sleeper on the street/track.

Although do you really want the ladies that you can pick up based on what car you drive? I mean for weekend or week of fun that's great but if you're looking to settle down then I dunno if I'd be going for a woman that's into you for the car you drive.

Anyway I'm 21 and I drive a "shiny red" trans am so what do I know. I'm all about using a car to pick up chicks. The trans works well enough for me since most the other guys have civics. By the way hello all, FastTa directed me to this site from another forum. (I'm the one that bought the airfoil kevin lol)

edit: Haha just looked and seen you're 2 yrs older then I am so grab that vette.

Comment

Working...
                                X