No announcement yet.

I put down a deposit on a new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Jay. Good luck with her. Subaru makes some of the most fun cars to drive as I'm sure you already know.

Have fun.
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Here's a better pic of what the car looks like... it's not my car though, mine is silver.

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Here's a better pic of what the car looks like... it's not my car though, mine is silver.

Looks good Jay.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Thats not a bad lookin car. My father-in-law had a Silver 98 Subaru Legacy 2.5 liter 5 speed, back when we were still in high school. He would always let me drive it wherever we went. It was a pretty nice car too. Glad to see you went through with it even though it is Japanese. BTW, my father-in-law traded in the Subaru in 2001 for a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. Its not a bad car but not as nice as the Subie, imho.
          Greg W. in West Michigan
          1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
          1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
          1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
          1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
          1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by carguy100200
            Glad to see you went through with it even though it is Japanese.
            The car has a Japanese motor and a Japanese transmission - but the final assembly point was in Indiana.

Is that any less American than a car with a Canadian engine, Mexican transmission, assembled in Quebec???

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

I just helped my mother get a new Chevy Equinox SUV a few weeks ago. The engine on that is made in China and the tranny in Japan. Guess it doesn't make a heck of alot of difference what make you get anymore.

Comment

Is that any less American than a car with a Canadian engine, Mexican transmission, assembled in Quebec???

At least that is north american...

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                6.2L/382.97 ci
                Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                WCT-5 speed
                BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                Boss MS 18" Rims
                Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                Custom Dual exhaust
                1LE upgrade
                Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

OK I have pics!!!!!!!!

Comment

I still can't stop being impressed with the car. It sets cruise on the highway absolutely effortlessly. A little blip of the throttle takes you from 80-100 mph - without downshifting - in a matter of seconds, and it's so silky smooth it's mindblowing. I feel like this car was made to cruise north of 100 mph... I better behave myself!

It's the most effortless car I've ever driven. Ironically, despite it carrying more RPMs at cruise speed, it felt like the Trans Am was working WAY harder to keep a high speed cruise...

I'm just so impressed by this car, I really lack the words to describe it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                      pros: The stealth mode, AWD, Warranty, Can be driven all year.

cons: The stealth mode, supposedly the transmissions are fragile when really pushed.

What color?

My best friend from high school has an 02 5 spd WRX (not sure if the tranny's are the same since 02) and he has had nothing but problems with his tranny. He did some minor bolt-ons and had it running really good and finally took it to the track where he ran consistent low 13's and a 13 flat.

I'm not sure how much power he has but it wasn't long after that he blew his first tranny. About 2-3 months after having the new one in it went. He is now on his third which is already in need of a rebuild because whenever he cruises in fifth it will pop out of gear so consistently that he has to physically hold the shifter in.

Not sure if my friend is just very unlucky but its something you may want to consider if you plan on modding this car.
                      1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Jay,

Looks great. Looks like it has great fit and finish.
                        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I still can't stop being impressed with the car. It sets cruise on the highway absolutely effortlessly. A little blip of the throttle takes you from 80-100 mph - without downshifting - in a matter of seconds, and it's so silky smooth it's mindblowing. I feel like this car was made to cruise north of 100 mph... I better behave myself!

It's the most effortless car I've ever driven. Ironically, despite it carrying more RPMs at cruise speed, it felt like the Trans Am was working WAY harder to keep a high speed cruise...

I'm just so impressed by this car, I really lack the words to describe it well.
                          It's called boost, mi amigo. I became a boost junkie years ago. When passing a semi in my GN, I find myself lifting off the throttle when I am even with the rear of the truck, the momentum carries me the rest of the way because the initial acceleration is so brutal. I really have to be careful that I don't run up somone's tailpipe with even small throttle inputs.

Comment

Jay, very sweet car dude. Let the modding begin. We can have our spring rendevous and you can drive that. I'd rather beat one of those than an F-body anyway

Just playin' dude. Sweet ride man. Very sweet.
                            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

that looks good Jay, congrats, looks better than in the other pics, and the leather colour is nice, nice wheels
                              93 t/a A4 3.23s
                              95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                              99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                              99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                              97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                              93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                              00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Congratulations on the car. Are the tires on that thing all season tires or performance tires? The only reason I asked is I was wondering if they will be OK in the snow or if you will have to buy other tires.
                                2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Working...
                                X