I put down a deposit on a new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fastTA
    Or, if the ladies have half a brain, the Corvette will tell them that you are a successful man with good taste and a passion for fast cars.
    Been there and done that. Those kind of women are shallow and nothing but gold diggers. The best women that I've met could care less about what you drive, they care about you as a person. I'll take that kind of woman over the other any day. Although, it is funny to see their reaction when I pull into the driveway and I have 5 other cars to choose from. They are often in total disbelief.

Comment

I'm getting some major cold feet about pulling the trigger on this one right now... I don't know...
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        I'm getting some major cold feet about pulling the trigger on this one right now... I don't know...
        You have to go with your gut feeling. Then again, anytime I spend money I get cold feet.

Comment

It seems like you outlined good reasons for purchasing it. It's a nice "filler" car until you can get the Vette you really want. It's practical, yet has nice performance and a great interior.

I know what you mean though... It's never easy laying down that much money on anything.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Jay,

This is a car, not a marriage. Hey, I have a deposit on an 07 Z06. Set yourself up to buy my 06 if I decide to sell it.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Every girl I had in my tranny that was up to my standards, I could tell always liked the interior, leather, etc.. If you can "sucker" (haha, JK) a girl into that car Jay, your golden. Buy it.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
              Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                Jay,

This is a car, not a marriage. Hey, I have a deposit on an 07 Z06. Set yourself up to buy my 06 if I decide to sell it.
                Hmm... that's a hell of an idea!
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Just an update. I have the cashier's check in hand... I am going through with this.

Wish me luck together with my new wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    Been there and done that. Those kind of women are shallow and nothing but gold diggers. The best women that I've met could care less about what you drive, they care about you as a person. I'll take that kind of woman over the other any day. Although, it is funny to see their reaction when I pull into the driveway and I have 5 other cars to choose from. They are often in total disbelief.
                    Well you guys missed my point. But, I guess that was my fault for not explaining very well. I would ALSO never give a girl the time of day if she was that materialistic and all she cared about was what kind of car I drove. I wasn't suggesting that Jay base his decision on which car based upon which car would pick up more chicks. I was merely trying to point out that there are women out there who are NOT materialistic, are NOT shallow and they actually share the same passion for a car like the Corvette the same as we do. They are not piston heads, they just share that passion. That's all.

Comment

Just an update. I have the cashier's check in hand... I am going through with this.

Wish me luck together with my new wheels!
                      So you decided to say "I do"?

I'm sure you will like it.

Comment

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's absolutely unbelievable - I had no idea Subaru made a car this nice. Pretty much perfect in every way, I already love this car!!!

Comment

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's absolutely unbelievable - I had no idea Subaru made a car this nice. Pretty much perfect in every way, I already love this car!!!
                          Well let's see pics homy!

Comment

I was merely trying to point out that there are women out there who are NOT materialistic, are NOT shallow and they actually share the same passion for a car like the Corvette the same as we do. They are not piston heads, they just share that passion. That's all.
                            That would be very cool, yet at the same time scary. A woman that wanted mods for her car too would break the bank even quicker.

Comment

Well let's see pics homy!
                              Yeah...... pics! I didn't think the website had pics that do the car justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                                Yeah...... pics! I didn't think the website had pics that do the car justice.

You're right... those pics don't come close to how good this car truly looks. I'll probably be able to get some pics up by the weekend...

Comment

Working...
                                X