No announcement yet.

August 22nd... and Iran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess you either see islamic extremism as a serious threat to the civilized world, or you don't. Only time will tell. We're going to have to disagree for now.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

just my $0.02, but...I think anytime church is married to state, that's a bad, bad thing.
      Living in the pools, They soon forget about the sea...— Rush, "Natural Science" (1980)

Formerly "gauSSian" from my f-body days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Just because they're Islamic, and albeit strict and possibly fanatically Islamic does not qualify them to be terrorists.
        True, but all terrorists are Islamic...or Muslim, however you want to put it.

Stop looking for "terrorism" on every Islamic street corner.
        Uh, so they can hit us when we're not looking? Sorry, but I love this country too much for "terrorists" to attack us again. What would it take until people realize they don't care who you are. They'll kill ya.

We don't need to police them.
        If we don't who will? LOL! The UN! HAHAHA!!! Every resolution they tried to come up with failed. What happened to the resolution with Israel and Hezbollah? Nothing, except that the resolution will only give Hezbollah time to regroup and find more arms.

They will try to attack us again...and try to kill everyone of us without a drop of simpathy or remorse. Plain and simple.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
          True, but all terrorists are Islamic...or Muslim, however you want to put it.
          Hmmm...maybe you didn't completely mean this, but it's totally untrue. There are many, many terrorist organizations around the world. To be sure a fair amount are Islamic, but have you ever heard of Timothy McVay? The IRA? KKK? Various Basque groups in Spain? Many of these claim to be Christian...both Protestant and Catholic.

This is also the reason why screeners are told not to just look for the "middle eastern" looking guy in airport security lines.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 99 Zeee!!
            Hmmm...maybe you didn't completely mean this, but it's totally untrue. There are many, many terrorist organizations around the world. To be sure a fair amount are Islamic, but have you ever heard of Timothy McVay? The IRA? KKK? Various Basque groups in Spain? Many of these claim to be Christian...both Protestant and Catholic.

This is also the reason why screeners are told not to just look for the "middle eastern" looking guy in airport security lines.
            Absolutely. Being a nutcase is not limited to any one particular group!

Comment

This is true, however, I think what Chris meant was the Muslim-based groups are brought up to hate "The Great Satan". They view us as evil from birth... All in the name of religion.

I'm not saying we should go into Iran right now, but we should be ready if/when the time comes. If they do use their nuclear weapons on Isreal, we should absolutely get involved... Because guess who's their next target?
              SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
              Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

The IRA hasn't carried out a terrorist act in what 20 years. I live in the south and not to far where the last leader of the KKK lived and I have not heard anything from the KKK in 20 years either. Mcvay is the only exception I can think of to the statement that all terrorist are Islamic. So like 99% of all terrorist acts are carried out by Islamic terrorist in the name of Muslim religion. I'd say there is a problem with that religion and that we are fools for not profiling them.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

That's entirely unfounded. You cannot confuse any organized, state-sponsored military actions, that are aimed at other military forces (not civilians) as "terrorism". Need I remind you that 5 years ago our foreign policy was to overtake a nation as well?

Tell me when the last time Iran intentionally killed innocent civilians with guerilla, terrorist tactics.

Just because they're Islamic, and albeit strict and possibly fanatically Islamic does not qualify them to be terrorists.

This thread has finally digressed into its true colors - which is nothing more than fear of terrorism. I completely understand where you all are coming from, but your inability to objectively discern reality from emotionally convenient stereotyping is just not right.

Iran is a sovereign nation with its own (stable) government. We don't need to police them. If they aggress us, which you all have been completely unable to prove that they have, then we strike back... plain and simple. Stop looking for "terrorism" on every Islamic street corner.
                  It's totally founded. The leader of the "state" of Iran "was" in a terrorist organization. They hijacked that plane back in 1979. Hezbollah has been firing Iranian made missiles into Israel. Did they buy them at the local K-mart? Hell no. Iran gave the missiles to Hezbollah to carry out terrorist attacks on Israel. The state is sponsoring terrorism. There is no arguing that. It's a fact. Hezbollah is a group of people that get their money and arms from Iran. You could even say they might as well be part of the Iranian government since most of their sponsorship comes from them. So yes Iran has killed several dozen Israelis citizens i.e. non combatants in the last 2 months with rockets made by Iran and fired by a group of people that are essentially part of the Iran military. Iran is slick about it doing it under the table to make it semi look like it isn't them when everybody knows it is except the ignorant press.

There is no need for a personal attack in this. The same could be said about the people who can't see how Iran is being run by a terrorist fanatic and how Iran is behind the Hezbollah - Israel war.

Actually I'm starting to wonder if Jay is just pulling our leg playing devils advocate. devil
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                  X