This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragkid1917
    No, i said a track car that i could drive on the street. The other cars i mentioned on my last two posts have nothing to do with mine, i was just saying that you can make them light, by taking out all of that stuff. Im not going to drive it to the track, it wont have a/c it wont have any other luxury, it will just be streetable. Working blinkers, break lights, and whatever else i need... like front lights. It might be a little bit hevier then my frends but the only thing he doesnt have working are his blinkers. I dont really understaind whats the problem, if you look back, you will c who started to argue first.
    I have a suggestion. Stop putting up examples of other cars that have no bearing on what is going on. I could quote fuel curves on a 500 CI Nitro Funny Car motor and it would have as much bearing on the situation. If you want to know what to run in a particular class, then examine examples that are in that class. The reason you ran into problems is that in a way, you created a moving target.

I am looking to turn my 2000 ls1 T/a in to a track car, while still keeping it street legal.. .
    OK, that sounds like a street car that is run at the track.

it wont be a daily driver it will just be streetable, not street legal. I will have to put in an entire new rear setup, and i will have to change all of my suspension. This is going to be a racecar, not a street car, which i would get special plates or pay someone off to put me throo inspection..
    Right..... so what you now want is a track car that looks like a street car and you want an illegal registration.

Sorry, I was in a rush. I meant streetable first of all, and i didnt meen to have an 8 second car, i just meant that there out there.
    Streetable first of all shouldn't be a concern if it's not driven on the street. besides, doubtful that streetable 427 and a low 9 second timeslip are going to happen without power adders, and careful addition at that. You don't really know what you are asking. Before you start citing examples of "other cars that run x.xx", see the above statement about not quoting other cars that are outside your class.

Ive seen trans am's with huge turbos, running 8's with just a few chassis mods, and thats why i was wondering what it would take for it to be able to handle lets say 750 hp / 650-700 tq from a foot break launch, and go in the mid 9's (would lighten the car up a few hundred pounds, and would still leave streetable gears in it like 4.11's or whatever the next gear size up is, with a powerglide, so i can still drive 80 mph at like 3000 rpm)
    See the above statement in regards to comparing other non class cars. Plus...... why do you want to drive 80mph at 3000 rpm if it's not going to be a street car?

Yhea, i see what your saying, but like, im not just looking for a number, this is going to be a full on racecar with working blikers, lights, breaklights, and maybe a bolt on muffler if to put it on the street. Im running for consitency and predictability, a bracket race. .
    Now it's getting even more cloudy. Are you or are you not going to drive it on the street?

no i wanto run heavy,................ All i want is for the lights to work, so i can operate it on the street. Is that any better?

So you do or don't want a street car? Make up your mind.

A FULLY racing built 427 without nitrous or forced induction should still push out big numbers, and reducing the weight to under 3,000 lbs will also help a ton. .
    Isn't heavy, 3000lbs and over?

And im not bein like an ass but everyone just jumped on my case when i said this when i dont think people understaind what im even talking about.
    You are correct, people don't understand what you are talking about. I don't think you really realize what you are talking about. It's not your fault, it's common with people who haven't been around that block before to ask questions due to lack of knowledge. They have no idea what it takes to put together a serious and consistant performing car. It takes alot more than cutting weight and putting in a big motor.

From the very beginning you have changed your definations. Maybe you don't realize it, but you have. There are some on this board that have gone insanely fast in their younger days. For example, I know enough about racing to know that I can't afford to be competitive any more. It takes a sponsor and without it, I can't afford it. Someone asks how to go fast, there are many that can tell you how to do it. The main thing is you have to figure out what you want to do. It sounds to me like all you want to do is sucker someone into thinking you have a street car and it's basically a pro stocker that weighs 3000 lbs, has lights, a horn, wipers and can be driven on the street with an illegal registration. Get real. If that's what you want, the easist way is to buy a turn key car and rig it with lights, horn and mufflers. That's simple really. however, savy racers will know what is up and you're toast before you turn the key.

The bottom line is that at your skill and knowledge level, you shouldn't be worried about running 9s. Work on 12s this season, 11s the next, then upgrade to get into the 10s and once you've discovered what it all takes to be consistant and to win, then work on going faster. Sorry it's not what you want to hear, it's reality and that's it. Doing it any other way is a waste of time, and money plus a huge waste of arguement energy. Work your way up to it instead of dreaming for a pie in the sky scenereo.

And...... it's BRAKE, not BREAK. One first way stops you from moving foreward, the second way stops you for the rest of the race. this thread has gone the way of zero tech value and should slip gently into that goodnight.

Comment

^ Ditto to what Joe said
      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
      '00 T/A Silver
      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

i was just wondering about how you know my skill level and why i should be running 12's. The track car that i can drive on the street is what i ment.
        [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
        Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
        11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Your just not understanding Bro.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

no i do, i get where your coming from, i changed my mind like 5 times, your all right, im not really getting the point across, even though my original question has nothing to do with this at all. But i would still love to know why i cant race a fast car?
            [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.

Comment

no i do, i get where your coming from, i changed my mind like 5 times, your all right, im not really getting the point across, even though my original question has nothing to do with this at all. But i would still love to know why i cant race a fast car?
              There could be several reasons. One of which is a sustantial lack of knowledge on how to build the car and what it takes. You would likely be better off buying a turn key car that is already class legal and for the most part already dialed in. Once past that, the faster you go the harder it is to get consistant. I personally wouldn't want to run alongside of you if it's your first sub 11 second car. Without practice and experience under you belt, you become a danger to those around you. As a matter of fact, if the situation were to come up, I would rather scratch and not run if the other driver was that much of a novice. We're dealing with life and death here. Not to mention the high probability of you breaking the car from the same lack of experience. None of this is a discredit to you, it's just you haven't worked your way up to speed. You want fast speeds now and without the experience the situation becomes a ticking time bomb. I don't think that you physically can't race a fast car, the idea is that you should work your way up to it for your own safetly and for the safetly of those around you. Maybe you could get the hang of it after 15 runs or so. Then again, maybe not. No matter what, you will still be better off perfecting your routine on a slower car and gradually working your way faster. Just as an example, I have gone pretty darned quick. Fast enough to require a chute and serious safety equipment, plus a license to boot. I cannot imagine what the result could be if someone with 13 second driving experience got behind the wheel of something that traps close to 180. One mishap and death is just a heartbeat away. Not only your death, but you risk the driver next to you and any spectators that are even remotely close to the retaining wall. It takes lots of familiarity with the ride and that takes time. It's a heck of alot easier to control a 12 second car that gets out of shape then an 8 second bullet. Work your way up to it and you'll be a better driver, you'll live a longer life and you'll likely achieve your goals faster than you think. Even my conservative low 10 sec car (that is a 9.90 car when run with really good gas, turned up boost and softer slicks) will bite you in an instant. Again, I can't imagine what the result could be in the hands of an inexperienced racer. So bro, were' not telling you that you can't do it, were telling you it's not a smart move based on your apparent level of experience. Do whatever you want but don't say that you weren't warned.

Comment

ive been racing since i was a little kid, plenty of my frends who raced with me jumped right into the 10's and 11's just fine. Plus, its harder to win with the slower car, so i need to go fast. I never said i wanted to go 8's. And i could always use my dads car with a throttle stop untill i can "handle" it. Obviosly i want to win when i race so going in the 9's will give me a huge advantage against the slower cars. Im not even saying i would jump right in the car, im just saying thats what i wanna run.

Comment

ive been racing since i was a little kid, plenty of my frends who raced with me jumped right into the 10's and 11's just fine. Plus, its harder to win with the slower car, so i need to go fast. I never said i wanted to go 8's. And i could always use my dads car with a throttle stop untill i can "handle" it. Obviosly i want to win when i race so going in the 9's will give me a huge advantage against the slower cars. Im not even saying i would jump right in the car, im just saying thats what i wanna run.
                  then why are you asking all these questions? you obviuosly don't know what is required but every time you are questioned, you pop up with all these other examples of "dad" and "friends". the best idea is to follow their advice.

This thread is a useless.

You have many misconceptions. The slower cars are more consistant, they are harder to beat in bracket racing, it really makes me wonder if you are even remotely serious. This thread is worthless and is now done.

Comment

And here's an example of what can happen in the blink of an eye.

http://drag-racing-accident.freeonlinegames.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X