Downright sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshu
    The fact that no school has implemented this retarded policy you came up is because ITS RECKLESS. I'm teaching a class while focused on the material I am presenting. Meanwhile someone sneaks up behind me and grabs the weapon out of my holster.
    If it's concealed, how do they even know you have it unless you say something.

It's legal for concealed permit holders to carry on campus in Utah. Not just College campuses, but at all schools.

There is at least one school district in Texas that allows teachers to carry also.

Could you imagine having lets say half of the professional population at the school I work at have a weapon.
    I don't know about other States, but here in NC only about 3% of the general population has a concealed permit, so saying half of your staff would be armed is way above average.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
    '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
    Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Are you insane?

Could you imagine having lets say half of the professional population at the school I work at have a weapon. That is 74 armed teachers. Chances of one getting lost or stolen? Pretty high considering we deal with enough shit during the day that keeps up preoccupied. The fact that no school has implemented this retarded policy you came up is because ITS RECKLESS. I'm teaching a class while focused on the material I am presenting. Meanwhile someone sneaks up behind me and grabs the weapon out of my holster.

And watch yourself Mark. One of those "spineless dreamers" you are referring to is a first louie in the army reserves (airborne) that just got back from Afghanistan in October.

I'm done with this thread.
      It is only reckless in your mind because you have already made up your mind. Your core belief is that guns kill. Therefore you will never open your brain enough to realize that if every teacher was, as I said above, WELL TRAINED in concealed carry, we would see a huge drop in school shootings. IF you were trained, you would know that it is nearly impossible for anyone to sneak up on you and yank your concealed pistol from its level III retention holster. First of all, training teaches you to be aware of your surroundings and any threat that may lie in wait, second, you don't advertise that you have a pistol concealed on your person, EVER, Third, even IF a student knew you were carrying, he would have to know where on your person it is, know what type of holster you had and know for a fact that you had it fully loaded and know how to use that particular gun as they don't all work the same(safety's are usually in different locations on each gun). Let me ask you this, have you EVER seen anybody at your shopping store carrying concealed? Don't confuse open carry with concealed carry. I mean have you ever seen someone bent down and uncovering his/her personal protection firearm? I bet you haven't. And you and I both know that people carry concealed all the time. Especially considering how "easy" it is to get a permit in Pennsylvania.

Chances of one being lost or stolen are slim, considering they stay on your hip, chest, thigh, ankle, etc. all day until you either need it for self defense or take it off at home and put it in your safe. This is not a pencil you stick behind your ear...

Your attempt at a (scientific?) survey only shows that nobody in that room wanted to start a debate. I guarantee you that if you all were trained, you'd choose differently. The point is, if you don't want to take the responsibility to get trained and carry concealed on-campus, THAT"S JUST FINE. But nobody should be able to tell any of your fellow teachers that they can't either.

Give the Louie a hell yeah and a thank you hand shake from a gun-toting American. Without his sacrifice, I may not have the liberties I am currently fighting for.

I hope you are not done with this thread as I rather enjoy the challenge that you bring to the debate and it makes me remember that we have a lot of work ahead of us to repair the reputation of the firearm and the firearm users. Not to mention the fact that this is the best board on the net to discuss matters like this. Very little flaming...
      Greg W. in West Michigan
      1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
      1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
      1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
      1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
      1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
      <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by bru333
        If it's concealed, how do they even know you have it unless you say something.

It's legal for concealed permit holders to carry on campus in Utah. Not just College campuses, but at all schools.

There is at least one school district in Texas that allows teachers to carry also.

I don't know about other States, but here in NC only about 3% of the general population has a concealed permit, so saying half of your staff would be armed is way above average.
        I didn't know that about Utah...Thank you. Any mass school shootings in Utah lately?
        Greg W. in West Michigan
        <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
          I didn't know that about Utah...Thank you. Any mass school shootings in Utah lately?
          Nope, not that I'm aware of. In the last 14 years, 3 suicides and 1 bus driver injured as a result of 1 of those suicides.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
          '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
          Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

This man had a track of mental illness and with all the gun laws still got his hands on several.

No matter what your feelings on guns are, no one deserved what happened to those police officers today.

Please pray for their families. I think about seven kids now don't have a father.

1. he shouldn't have a firearm. I do believe a small town in Georgia mandates every able household to own and maintain a firearm. The disabled (mentally and otherwise) don't need to (and hopefully the mentally unstable ones do not possess) a firearm. Those with felonies and violent crimes on record also are not required (hopefully are not allowed) to possess a firearm. Everyone else, it's fair game. If you want a Kaleshnakov, so be it. Thompson? Go ahead. I think it'd be fun to blast the hell out of something (a pumpkin, junk Honda Civic, etc) with a 50 round drum on a Tommy.

2. No. Ditto with those in Oakland, CA.

3. Will do. It's a shame good men fall in the name of some idiot. If he wants to preserve the second amendment, write a senator, organize a (peaceful) rally, etc.

Comment

Call me crazy if you like...They fact of the matter is, more people are "getting it".
              LINK
              Link 2
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                To you!

Your comments provide more proof that this country needs to be broken apart. I do not want to live with people of this mentality. This is no longer the United States.
                To our defense, our President flat out dismissed the renewal of the assault weapons ban at the request of President Calderon 2 weeks ago. President Obama, however, does support tougher guidelines to keep them out of the wrong hands. +1 for our President.
                1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Are you insane?

And watch yourself Mark.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Here are a few incidents that you should consider. Namely the principle who stopped the killing at Pearl High School.

Anybody who knows anything about security will tell you that schools are soft targets that guarantee media attention. Either empower those on campus or hire highly trained plain clothes security personnel otherwise we will continue with nuts killing kids in schools.

--------

February 12, 2007, In Ogden Utah: Kenneth K. Hammond carrying a concealed weapon stopped a massacre at the Trolley Square Mall in Utah

December 11, 2007, In Colorado Springs Colorado: After killing two people at a mission training school the killer drove 65 miles killing two more people in the parking lot before entering New Life Church carrying a rifle, two pistols and a backpack holding more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition. intent on killing 1,000 members inside the church. Which he would have done had Jeanne Assam been there with her legally carried handgun. Jeanne Assam a member of the congregation (not a security guard as the media erroneously reported) stopped the killer before he could begin his massacre

January 16, 2002, In Grundy, Virginia: Tracy Bridges & Mikael Gross stopped a mass murder at Appalachian School of Law, after lives were lost while they retrieved their guns from their cars, where they were required by policy to keep them. ( If college students legally licensed to carry concealed weapons been able to carry gun on school property no innocents would have died)

1998, In Edinboro, Pennsylvania: Restaurant's owner, James Strand stopped a killers rampage in Edinboro, Pennsylvania saving the lives of 240 students at a school dance a full eleven minutes before police arrived. One teacher John Gillette, 48, was killed

October 1997, In Pearl City Mississippi: Principal Joel Myrick stopped a slaughter at Pearl High School with his .45 after lives were lost while he retrieved his .45 from his car, where it was required by law to be kept. (Had legally licensed school principles and teachers been able to carry his gun on school property n*one would have died)
                    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanZ28
                      To our defense, our President flat out dismissed the renewal of the assault weapons ban at the request of President Calderon 2 weeks ago. President Obama, however, does support tougher guidelines to keep them out of the wrong hands. +1 for our President.
                      Smoke and Mirrors. This president will do what he can get away with doing. As he said, "...he doesn't have the votes." ...at this time.

Take a look at this BS treaty... http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...n?iref=24hours

...the ‘bama ‘lama ding dong is still quoting the 90% BS statistic even though it was proven erroneous.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                        ...the ‘bama ‘lama ding dong is still quoting the 90% BS statistic even though it was proven erroneous.
                        Vladimir Lenin once said, “A lie told often enough becomes the truth”. Let me add to that sentence "to the dumb masses"
                        http://constitutionallyright.com/200...mes-the-truth/
                        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Shame on us...Didn't you all know.
                          Greg W. in West Michigan
                          <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                            Vladimir Lenin once said, “A lie told often enough becomes the truth”. Let me add to that sentence "to the dumb masses"
                            http://constitutionallyright.com/200...mes-the-truth/
                            This tactic is used by the left time and again to push some social engineering agenda.

To slightly change the subject in reference to the Iraq war. I have an Iraqi in my doctoral program who was a teacher in Iraq. During the insurgency a few years back, he was forced to leave under certain death by the terrorist scum in that country. His family is in hiding and he is finally able to bring them to the US. Anyhow, we point blank asked him if things are better now then they were before. Even though he lost his home and all that he has; he said ABSOLUTELY!!! This was the first opportunity I had to talk to a person from the Iraqi perspective.

I am just blown away that the leftist Marxist scum in this country is so quick to vilify the liberation of Iraq when the people there finally have a chance at freedom.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by FroSSty
                              Shame on us...Didn't you all know.
                              Oh that made me feel a lot better about the direction we are headed in. NOT. Change you can believe in. did I miss any?
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X