Ordering My Exhaust Today - Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95TransAm
    Allow me to rephrase...I don't think I stated myself too clearly.

Being that I already had the cat back off, and when I was working my progress was halted due to a couple seized bolts, I definitely for the heck of it decided to take the y pipe off as well.....just for kicks

Like I said, how could I resist. I had just heard what it sounded like through the cat, I had to know what open manifolds sounded like Took 'em off, started her up, and felt my chest pound......it was simply amazing

I then put the y back on, and drove her home that night without a catback.....which was pretty amazing as well

The next day the loudmouth went on, which once again, was pretty amazing
    And let me restate...ummmmm, I think I need to go change now lol

I love that sound...can't wait to hear it when I've got headers on
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
      I love that sound...can't wait to hear it when I've got headers on
      The force is strong in this one.....

black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

I put my LM on this weekend and it sounds awesome. I bought it at marylandspeed.com for 325$ and it had free shipping. It got to my house in 3 days.
        99 Z28 M6, SS hood, borla muffler
        93 TA A4, sold

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
          The force is strong in this one.....

Now if only my sister took care of her Z like I do mine, then it'd be almost Skywalker-esque lol

Originally posted by G Fry33
          I put my LM on this weekend and it sounds awesome. I bought it at marylandspeed.com for 325$ and it had free shipping. It got to my house in 3 days.
          That's a pretty good deal. Regardless of what others say, I think the LM/LM 2 systems are the best bang-for-the-buck setups, they give great sound and flow the best...and are great for setting off alarms lol
          Steve

Comment

Great.... Now I have to get a new keyboard because I drooled on this one.

I've already freed up Friday afternoon for the install. Good to hear it won't be a huge project. Should I figure on a little over an hour from start to finish?
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
              Great.... Now I have to get a new keyboard because I drooled on this one.

I've already freed up Friday afternoon for the install. Good to hear it won't be a huge project. Should I figure on a little over an hour from start to finish?
              Eh, give yourself 2 to be safe, but 1 isn't an unreasonable amount of time. Its more tedious than anything, so don't be surprised if it takes more than 1.

And get a Logitech keyboard, they're spill-resistant lol
              Steve

Comment

Eh, give yourself 2 to be safe, but 1 isn't an unreasonable amount of time. Its more tedious than anything, so don't be surprised if it takes more than 1.

And get a Logitech keyboard, they're spill-resistant lol
                I better give myself 3 as I'm pretty anal. No problem there. I'm taking a 1/2 day from work. Thanks for all the replies and help, fellas! I'll let you know when it gets installed. Hopefully I can get a sound clip up soon after.
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

Comment

I think the LM/LM 2 systems are the best bang-for-the-buck setups, they give great sound and flow the best...and are great for setting off alarms lol

I set off 5 at the mall the other day.

The first three were by accident....

The last two were to prove to my girlfriend that my car was what was setting em off!!!
                  1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

I was just talking to a friend of mine. I told him I got the SLP Loudmouth exhaust for my car. He's got a 97 Mustang (I know... ). Anyway... He said all the people over at the Mustang forums said it's terrible. He said the one major complaint they all had was the "popping" sound the exhaust made when you let off the throttle.

Is this something I have to worry about or is it just Mustang owners being Mustang owners?
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
                      I set off 5 at the mall the other day.

The first three were by accident....

The last two were to prove to my girlfriend that my car was what was setting em off!!!
                      Fun, isn't it?

I was just talking to a friend of mine. I told him I got the SLP Loudmouth exhaust for my car. He's got a 97 Mustang (I know... ). Anyway... He said all the people over at the Mustang forums said it's terrible. He said the one major complaint they all had was the "popping" sound the exhaust made when you let off the throttle.

Is this something I have to worry about or is it just Mustang owners being Mustang owners?
                      Yeah, you'll have that also once the motor drops down to around 1800 and you're not on the breaks...its called over-rev and usually happens when the exhaust is fairly free-flowing. Mustang owners don't understand that its not a bad thing . Don't worry, you'll understand what I mean when you hear it
                      Steve

Comment

Another popping noise you'll get is when you start up the car and it's not fully warmed up yet. My LM will pop if I rev it until it fully heats up.....once it heats up, no more pops .
                        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Yeah, you'll have that also once the motor drops down to around 1800 and you're not on the breaks...its called over-rev and usually happens when the exhaust is fairly free-flowing. Mustang owners don't understand that its not a bad thing . Don't worry, you'll understand what I mean when you hear it
                          Cool. I figured it was more a case of Mustang owners trashing an exhaust made by a GM-aligned company. If it says SLP instead of SVT, it's the wrong one.

He was telling me they all recommended Flowmaster or Borla. I actually looked into both, but they were just too much. From what I've read on these boards, I made the right decision.

Thanks again!
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

Comment

Cool. I figured it was more a case of Mustang owners trashing an exhaust made by a GM-aligned company. If it says SLP instead of SVT, it's the wrong one.

He was telling me they all recommended Flowmaster or Borla. I actually looked into both, but they were just too much. From what I've read on these boards, I made the right decision.

Thanks again!
                            Now, I do like Borla, but yes, its way too much money. I think you made a very good choice . Install is tomorrow, right?
                            Steve

Comment

Now, I do like Borla, but yes, its way too much money. I think you made a very good choice . Install is tomorrow, right?
                              If the weather holds up, I'll be taking half a day. Problem is, it's been in the 70's around here for the past few weeks. The past few days, it decided to get in the high 80's with 100% humidity. Oh well. A little sweat is a small price for a sweet sounding exhaust.
                              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                              17K Miles

Comment

If the weather holds up, I'll be taking half a day. Problem is, it's been in the 70's around here for the past few weeks. The past few days, it decided to get in the high 80's with 100% humidity. Oh well. A little sweat is a small price for a sweet sounding exhaust.
                                Tomorrow's the big day huh?

You're gonna love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X