You LS1 F-bodies have a nice ride for the $$$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
    Let me know when you want to do it DWS, I've been itchin for a romp through the twisties.

Fancy Gap is fairly close but I have been thiking about the Tail of the Dragon lately.......
    run 211.....then get on the drive at thorton gap and go south.... its unreal... hairpins so sharp you can cut your hair with em...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
      10's is pretty fast. Easy to say, but hard to actually do. Im sure there are guys out there that have street driven 10 second f-bods, but they are probably pretty few and far between. Look at all the work that Fred has in his.....with a 300 shot, im sure its deep in 10 second land now, but thats A LOT of time and money!

Joe, now those turbo buicks dont count - they are just freaks of nature!
      I will have to agree with Jay and say that there is a staggering number of naturally aspirated LS1 powered cars going 10's and daily driven. 10's are getting to be very easy nowadays with LS1's.

ls1tech.com has some of the baddest rides around.

And, a good portion of them are here in South Texas!!

Comment

I would agree that its easier now more than ever.......but my point was that just because there arent many guys in the 10's around here, doesnt mean that its less of a board.....its still quite an accomplishment to have a 10 sec. street car.

Kevin - what kind of ET's are you expecting when your ride is done? Is that an all out race car?
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          DOH! They are just so much fun though. There's just something about hissing your way throught he quarter that appeals to me! The turbo 3.8 swap I was going to do to the Z is most likely ending up in the 87 WS6. An all black version of the TTA pace car with enough oats to get me in the low 10s. The swap was going to be much more simple than the 94 so I'm taking a profit on the 94 and putting the effort into the 87 WS6.
          Yea, i gotta admit the turbo is a cool feeling. I really enjoy my turbo dodge for that reason.

My buddy sold his 84 T-Type (the one you were helping out with a few months back). We did get it running right though. That would have been a cool project, but he decided that it wasnt worth modding the "hot air" turbo. He's watching out for an 86/87 Grand National or GNX.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
            I would agree that its easier now more than ever.......but my point was that just because there arent many guys in the 10's around here, doesnt mean that its less of a board.....its still quite an accomplishment to have a 10 sec. street car.

Kevin - what kind of ET's are you expecting when your ride is done? Is that an all out race car?
            Well we ditched the whole n20 setup in favor of a turbo setup. I've made alot of changes in plans with this car in the last month. Lets's just say that I will be running in a class where to even be competitive, you must run consistent 7.70's.

I am puttting the nitrous motor that was going to go into the Camaro into the WS6 now. This should be an interesting ride considering it won't be caged.

BTW on a side note. Before the WS6 went under the knife this last time, I never got a chance to take it to the local dragstrtip, but I played around with a few of my buddies 10 second rides on the street and held my ground very well! It was last making around 488 RWHP N/A with stage 3 LT4 heads and a 239/245 cam.

My girlfriend at the time worked as a title clerk for a local Dodge dealership and she managed to talk the sales manager ( a friend of ours) into bringing a Viper out to see how it would do against my WS6. Well, lets just say he went back to the dealership very, very confused and dissapointed!

Comment

Working...
            X