Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickiest way to add more horsepower to 3.4L ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotts94_z28
    sell the whole car and just buy a Z. You can get one with like 40-50K miles for like 6 or 7 thousand around here now. I even saw a 95 6 speed in the paper with 23K miles for 8500
    I aint spammin or nothing but ya just got me a little upset.. get a car with 50k miles on it... hmmm why? when you rebuild an engine... doesnt that mean 0k miles... yea it does...

Mabey i should continue work on my v6 to prove a point, when I line up to ya imma whoop that tail... 320 hp is nothin, thats for kiddies.. try 600 that will get ya in the back of your seat.

Comment

Originally posted by StolenBIRD
      I aint spammin or nothing but ya just got me a little upset.. get a car with 50k miles on it... hmmm why? when you rebuild an engine... doesnt that mean 0k miles... yea it does...

Mabey i should continue work on my v6 to prove a point, when I line up to ya imma whoop that tail... 320 hp is nothin, thats for kiddies.. try 600 that will get ya in the back of your seat.
      Please dont be so disrespectfull to board members. There are dozens of years experience in our members here.
      Your going to get 600 hp from your V6? I hope you have an extra 10-15 grand laying around. You'll need some crazy multi-turbo stup with staged nitrous and some exotic internal components.

You really should listen to the advice your being given. If you want to go fast, the most economical way is to sell the V6 car and buy one with a V8. The upgrade to a V8 car might cost you $1,500. With another $1,500 in modifications you will be in the 12s and have a car that is more desirable than your current V6 car. You'll be happy you ditched the V6.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i had a 95 v6 camaro....and i looked into modding it, wouldnt have been worth it, looked into swapping a lt1 into it, would have cost MORE than selling it and buying a lt1 car...

the last idea i had was a buick turbo v6 swap...that is the only way you will get a fast v6 f body........and by the way that will cost more than a ls1 car.....

i gave up on it and got a ls1 and i cant even imagine the amount of mods it would have taken to get that camaro to feel like an ls1 car...

but your right.....if you want to make the project... i will be glad to be proven wrong.
        pewter 99 TA...t-tops, leather, m6, lid, longtubes back, gears, spec clutch, spohn suspension

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
          Please dont be so disrespectfull to board members. There are dozens of years experience in our members here.
          Your going to get 600 hp from your V6? I hope you have an extra 10-15 grand laying around. You'll need some crazy multi-turbo stup with staged nitrous and some exotic internal components.

You really should listen to the advice your being given. If you want to go fast, the most economical way is to sell the V6 car and buy one with a V8. The upgrade to a V8 car might cost you $1,500. With another $1,500 in modifications you will be in the 12s and have a car that is more desirable than your current V6 car. You'll be happy you ditched the V6.
          Please don't put words in my mouth.. I aint gonna get 600 hp outta my v6, I said yaw havent even felt power basicly, cause ive driven a 600 hp vehicle down twin city dragway..

I aint disrespecting anyone, I just dont like being bashed for 10 post in a row about how what iam doing is basicly stupid in yaws terms..

I dont for turbo-charged bullcrap there is no way I would spend 4,000 bucks for that weak crap when I can bore my cylinders and add high compression pistons for 500..

The v6 cost me 2000 bucks.. thats a deal I can drop a new engine in it, for a grand and smoke some tail.. i mean come on... I can do anything the lt1 can.. crap whats the deal. Different tires and a v8 engine... with a different speed limiter chip... crap of the speed limiter... and a heck of alot of features but the features come with the engine.. i mean... I bought the car.. the body and interior is in excellent shape.. I bought the car knowing that I wanted to work on it, and not have something given to me... You dont understand how it feels... I could do all the modifications and still save gas wich saves me more money.. with the amount of money you spend on your vehicle I can have alot more fun building my custom firebird anyway I like..

No disrespect I like everyone here, but dont bash me, I aint a noob.. Ive had a wrench in my hand since i could walk, and Ive helped my dad totally rebuild a opal, a camaro, and nova, that do high 10's - low 13's

Comment

Ive already started work on the engine.. putting in new rob barrings and main barrings all day tomomrow.. to make sure my engine doesnt blow up lol.

Comment

Alright I'am calmed down now.. but how would you feel... I simply asked the quickiest way to add more horsepower...
              Everyone's post was a bash.. let me count.. 10 post with no answers to my question... thats just not right.

Comment

OK heres to all those non-believers on the 71 camaro engine

body being worked on

shot of custom scoop to fit the intake and dual carbs

Camaro1 picture, overiew of the car

meshoweringpermit is me showing permit to drive that bad boy
                Attached Files

Comment

hahaa.. hmm..

Yeah, you're right bro. Go build your V6! Hurry! Run!

For someone that supposedly knows all this crap about building powerful cars, you sure sound like a hoser without a clue.

No offense of course

PS - Edit button is your friend!
                  99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

I said yaw havent even felt power basicly, cause ive driven a 600 hp vehicle down twin city dragway..

I aint disrespecting anyone,... what iam doing is basicly stupid in yaws terms..

I dont for turbo-charged bullcrap there is no way I would spend 4,000 bucks for that weak crap
                    No disrespect I like everyone here, but dont bash me, I aint a noob.. Ive had a wrench in my hand since i could walk, and Ive helped my dad totally rebuild a opal, a camaro, and nova, that do high 10's - low 13's
                    You're not exactly making your case, now are you? Did you help your dad, or did he help you? And if you know so much, why are you coming here to get our advice on building a 3.4??? Something tells me you got your visor on backwards & upside down. I guess we should be thankful you're not out there driving a dropped Civic, but don't go giving us F-Body guys a bad name with your silly rap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                      You're not exactly making your case, now are you? Did you help your dad, or did he help you? And if you know so much, why are you coming here to get our advice on building a 3.4??? Something tells me you got your visor on backwards & upside down. I guess we should be thankful you're not out there driving a dropped Civic, but don't go giving us F-Body guys a bad name with your silly rap.
                      I aint gonna be a smart ass like everyone else, but I havent been a 6 thats why iam asking from people who have built a 6 mabey.. uhh yea.. thats why.. shutup with your racist comments old man

Comment

Ok, nobody is calling you a liar on the 71 Camaro. Second, with 2 grand into a V6 you're expecting 450 hp???? Dude, how is that possible? If you have a formula that you found, please show me. Just rebuilding the motor won't be enough for you to even break the 300 barrier for under $2k. I picked up my 93 Z for $5k with only another $1300 or so in mods, she'll make your head snap in first and second easily. If you really want something that's fast and a V6, look for a Turbo Buick. They're built for speed and the Buick turbo 6 is hard to beat, esp. if its modded properly. Nobody here is trying to put you down, but for the amount of money you're willing to put into your V6, you could pick up a V8 and get much more power. If you can't find one in your city, take a look in adjacent cities and online. The call is ultimately yours, but you can invest your money into a much better car. Take care man and good luck.
                        Steve
                        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                          Ok, nobody is calling you a liar on the 71 Camaro. Second, with 2 grand into a V6 you're expecting 450 hp???? Dude, how is that possible? If you have a formula that you found, please show me. Just rebuilding the motor won't be enough for you to even break the 300 barrier for under $2k. I picked up my 93 Z for $5k with only another $1300 or so in mods, she'll make your head snap in first and second easily. If you really want something that's fast and a V6, look for a Turbo Buick. They're built for speed and the Buick turbo 6 is hard to beat, esp. if its modded properly. Nobody here is trying to put you down, but for the amount of money you're willing to put into your V6, you could pick up a V8 and get much more power. If you can't find one in your city, take a look in adjacent cities and online. The call is ultimately yours, but you can invest your money into a much better car. Take care man and good luck.
                          Ok I got we got a brand new set of high compression pistons for a v8 for 900, thats 8 pistons, drop 2 and thats 600 bucks.. get new gaskets, new valves if needed, rocker arms, and cam for another 200 thats 800, if you have connections get your ports polished for free... add the new high performance throttle bottle for uhh iono around 400.. thats 1200 .. and thats 300+ hp right there, plus time

Comment

I'm confused...first you wanted to build up the V6 for resell value...then when people said it's not worth it, nor is it going to raise your value, you're upset because people "bashed" you??? Do you think they're just trying to demote your car or something? Every car has huge sentimental value to the owner, but these guys were speaking of honest truth...especially considering you wanted to sell the thing.

Nobody said he is better than you because they drive a V8. We all have f-bodies. We all love them.

And by the way, the reason why they're saying this about the 3.4L is because it's a bit of a weak motor...that's a fact. Hey, our LT1 is only good for 400-450 (on the stock bottom end) because it only has 2 bolt mains. So in terms of outrageous V8 horsepower numbers, that's not great either. Every motor has a limit, so please don't be offended so much when someone tries to give you advice. This board is truly genuine and everybody means well.
                            94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I aint gonna be a smart ass like everyone else, but I havent been a 6 thats why iam asking from people who have built a 6 mabey.. uhh yea.. thats why.. shutup with your racist comments old man
                              Starting to sound like a troll...

Comment

ok thank for krieg.. I am an f-body as well, I love my car I put alot of time in it, and Iam not going to get rid of it just because it isnt an lt1.. when I can get a wrecked up lt1's engine for 500 bucks, that will probably need a good deal of work also. the worst thing you can do is tell me to sell my baby. dont ever do that to a man, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X