Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickiest way to add more horsepower to 3.4L ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here ya go...

No Cars Found Within 25 Miles

See below for cars found within 200 miles that match your criteria

the closest bird is 230 miles away and is a 6 cylinder... I dont buy something unless i drive it about 10 test drives... and there is no what iam going to drive 230 x 10 miles to buy a 118,345 ... 98 for 6k... my car is better than that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
      "I swear to God, if you say 'shenanigans' one more time..."

"Hey Farva! What's the name of that restaurant you like?"

"Shenanigans?"
      "Put that pistol away!"

Comment

OK guys, sorry to disappoint yaw.. but I gotta do this.. I can get my hands on a used engine, the same in mine (v6) and Iam going to work on it over the year and drop it in this time next year... I figured out the compression ratio iam going to use.. its 11 to 25 to 1.. ya thats bigger than yaws 10 to 8 to 1.. hmm this is gonna be fun

Comment

so this time next year.. iam going to be running as fast as a Lt4 with no modifications other than what i just said.. thats all I want, something quick for my daily driver
          not to mention I will be saving about 8k and gas money

Comment

?

Is this a joke...seriously is stolenbird really one of the members, only joking?

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
            Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

11 to 25 to 1? I'm assuming that's 11.25:1? Also, the LT1s are 10.4:1 compression, the LT4 is 10.8:1 and the LS1 is 10.1:1. Remember the key fact though: compression is not the secret of gaining horsepower. The main aspect is head flow/port design plus a matching intake and correct RPM range cam. You can have 13:1 compression on stock heads yet gain only 5 horsepower.

Guys are using Impala gaskets, which are .0289 in thickness comprared to f-body ones, which are .050...this is bumping up the compression to nearly (or possibly over ?) 11:1. They haven't gained much horsepower, as compared to any simple bolt-on. Also, when Winston Cup changed the rules from 14:1 to 12:1, the race teams hardly lost a bit of horsepower at all...they did a bit more head work and actually gained more power than they were at with 14:1 engines.

Also, if you are anticipating making a naturally aspirated 3.4L with more power than an LT4 (the production one with 330 hp, or the conversion with 425?) the 3.4 has such smaller displacement to match, it would have to rev up to nearly 8-9 grand to make that kind of power. Then the heads/cam/intake would have to match. Of course, hardly any R&D has gone into performance heads/intake/cam for the 3.4 that everything would be a serious custom job with engineers and mechanics. Many parts in that motor cannot hold the power and RPM you are expecting...you would have to buy so many aftermarket parts (if they are even out there) that the motor you will purchase will be all scraped. Also, don't forget about torque...a 3.4, unless it has a power adder, will not have nearly the amount of torque a V8 would have...even with all the mods in the world. Sure you can maybe spin it to 9000 RPM, somehow, but remember torque and horsepower always meet at 5250, so it would still be low. These are some things to seriously consider man.

By the way, have you tried ebay for searching for engines?

Here's a couple links just for reference:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33615

94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by StolenBIRD
                OK guys, sorry to disappoint yaw.. but I gotta do this.. I can get my hands on a used engine, the same in mine (v6) and Iam going to work on it over the year and drop it in this time next year... I figured out the compression ratio iam going to use.. its 11 to 25 to 1.. ya thats bigger than yaws 10 to 8 to 1.. hmm this is gonna be fun

Worst. Post. Ever.

Bring that thing my way and we'll race for cash ANY TIME YOU WANT.

I also have a hard time believing that anyone who frequently uses the word "yaws" as a plural possessive has the ability or brain power to complete a full engine swap. Good luck, G.
                Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by and11200
                  "Put that pistol away!"
                  "The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries!"
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

"Sing it again rookie biotch!"

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                    Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

You are better off buying a V8 car and having it shipped to you.

I bought my car sight unseen from a dealer in Texas. They supplied me with over 45 high resolution close up pictures. I was confident. Even if something was wrong, I would had fixed it. The price was right.

They shipped it to me on an 18-wheeler, to my front door.

You are seriously wasting your time messing with the 3.4. It is not a performance design. You will waste even more money trying to put a LT-1 in your V6 car. Why do you bother asking for advice if you are just going to ignore it?
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Worst. Post. Ever.

I stopped taking this character seriously like 12 posts ago. I believe he's just a troll trying to get a rise out of us. There's no way anyone could be this clueless... Either it is indeed a troll, or he is just a misinformed ricer that really needs a few lessons.

If it's the latter then StolenBIRD - you're going about this the wrong way. Listen to these guys. Scrap the V6. It will NEVER get to where you want it.

I took a train 350 miles to get my car, and drove it back. Just because you can't find one in the next town over doesn't mean there's no LT1's near you.
                        99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Originally posted by Blevyou know

"Sing it again rookie biotch!"

Bite the soap! BITE IT!

Comment

Lemme get a bacon double cheeseburger
                            "One baco cheeseburger...it's for a cop"
                            What was that, are they gonna spit in it now.
                            "Nah, it's so they make it good...hold the spit on that burger"
                            Lemme get a pie....apple
                            And lemme get a liter of cola.
                            "We dont have liters, we have a large."
                            I dont want a large, i want a liter of cola.
                            "What exactly is a liter"
                            Liter is french for...gimme a d@mn liter before i kick your ()()!
                            Great movie
                            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Rammathorne: "Just order a large, Farva!"

Farva: "I don't want a large Farva! I want a God@#$% LITER OF COLA!"

Comment

Rammathorne: "Just order a large, Farva!"

Farva: "I don't want a large Farva! I want a God@#$% LITER OF COLA!"
                                ROTFLMAO
                                That's it, i just quite couldn't remember it right MEOW!

Do you know how fast you were going?
                                65...63!
                                But officer 65 is the limit
                                yeah....i know

SAY CAR RAMROD!
                                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                                X