Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickiest way to add more horsepower to 3.4L ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, I believe his name is Craig, not Krieg. Second, with all the stuff you mentioned, you won't take advantage of the full port and polish on the heads. And stock rocker arms will further hinder you. Furthermore, I don't think you can bore out the block enough to fit LT1 pistons in a 3.4 and still have enough thickness for the waterjackets. The shorter stroke will also hinder the numbers you want, and I have yet to see someone sell a stroker crank for the 3.4. Plus, does anyone even sell and aftermarket throttle body for the 3.4? I understand you like your current f-bod, but there's nothing saying you can't get a V8 one also. Nothing wrong with having a daily driver, right? Just a thought.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by StolenBIRD
      the worst thing you can do is tell me to sell my baby. dont ever do that to a man, lol.
      YOU said you were going to sell it!!!

Just go in peace little grasshopper. You have a lot to learn.
      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

ok thank for krieg.. I am an f-body as well, I love my car I put alot of time in it, and Iam not going to get rid of it just because it isnt an lt1.. when I can get a wrecked up lt1's engine for 500 bucks, that will probably need a good deal of work also. the worst thing you can do is tell me to sell my baby. dont ever do that to a man, lol.
        Try not to get so attached. Cars are like women. There is always a better one around the corner. Dont be afraid to let one go in the interest of getting a better one. I'm on my 6th f-body. I've had Irocs, Z28s, V6 camaros... you name it. I always move forward to something better. Keep the passion.

My first car was a 86 V6 Camaro. I converted it to V8 5.7. In hindsight, that was a huge mistake. I spent a fortune on that car. I should of just sold it instead of turning it into a money pit. I could had bought my Dad's Iroc from him with the $$ I spent on it.

The car I have now is my favorite, but I would trade it in a HEARTBEAT for a 2002 WS6 T/A ragtop 6-speed. Just because we love our cars doesnt mean we cannot make logical decisions.

There is 1 rule as far as I'm concerned...
        Never give it up. Only sell to upgrade, unless it inviolves buying realestate. I had to downgrade my hobby at one point to buy my first duplex. I sold a 1995 Z28 and replaced it with a 1988 Iroc eliminating a car loan. I managed to get back into an even better car, eventually. I owned that Iroc for 4 years, though!
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
          YOU said you were going to sell it!!!

Just go in peace little grasshopper. You have a lot to learn.

I said i was going to sell my engine, not my body

Comment

I said i was going to sell my engine, not my body
            Selling your body is illegal in every state but Nevada.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I dont live in flordia or somewhere popular, ws6 .. lt1's ls1's they are all rare around here, especially one for sell, I waited a year until i could get my hands on this firebird.

Comment

I mean I found one lt1, its wrecked and who knows what needs to be done too it.. My body is perfect, not a ding .. its a beatiful car, and one of the best looking hoods on the firebird series i like, i would like a ram air one though, but heck, I make 6.50 an hour and go to school

Comment

but heck, I make 6.50 an hour and go to school
                  Oh well then it makes perfect sense to waste your money!
                  99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

there aint no way i can save money were i live, i gotta drop it.. its just me and my mom here paying the bills.

Comment

If yaw can recommend a good career for me, please do, cause i need one.

Comment

Alright I'am calmed down now.. but how would you feel... I simply asked the quickiest way to add more horsepower...
                        Everyone's post was a bash.. let me count.. 10 post with no answers to my question... thats just not right.
                        These guys and bashing go together like syrup and spaghetti. I have very minimal knowledge with cars but these guys have answered my questions patiently no matter how poorly i worded things or how inexperienced i've sounded. I've never seen any of the regulars on this board go out of their way to harass anyone.
                        Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                        SOLD- Kinda miss it
                        94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                        SOLD- Good riddance!
                        2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Hmmm...careers: Not computer science lol. I graduated in March 2003 CS major/math minor and couldn't find a job for a year. Now, all I can get is short contract jobs that are hardly worth it. Now I've gotta go back to grad school just to attempt to get an internship/co-op job. That industry is tough right now...
                          But depending on how old you are, it might recover as soon as you finish school. Just choose something that interests you a lot...I think that's what counts the most.
                          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                            Something tells me you got your visor on backwards & upside down.

ROFLMAO... oh that's f'ing classic.
                            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                              Hmmm...careers: Not computer science lol. I graduated in March 2003 CS major/math minor and couldn't find a job for a year. Now, all I can get is short contract jobs that are hardly worth it. Now I've gotta go back to grad school just to attempt to get an internship/co-op job. That industry is tough right now...
                              But depending on how old you are, it might recover as soon as you finish school. Just choose something that interests you a lot...I think that's what counts the most.
                              omg lol i was gonna go to ulm for computer science.. iam not anymore

Comment

Don't let me discourage you from doing what you like though...if you love computers, go for the computer science major. The problem with me was that when I entered college in '99, all of the dot com companies were booming, and entry level folks were making nearly 6 figures to start. People were getting rich quickly. When I got out, I kinda expected similar results...but with the economy so bad, everything flopped. I think it is recovering a bit, but is hit the hardest here in Silicon Valley. Maybe it's slightly better in your area...try to research job postings/newpaper classifieds and see.
                                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                                X