No announcement yet.

Gas Prices - June 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm selling everything and buying a Prius, a Smart car and a Tesla.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      Ooo..... I want the Tesla pretty bad. I'm just not rich enough to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        Ooo..... I want the Tesla pretty bad. I'm just not rich enough to afford it.
        Me 3 !
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Been $3.97 For regular for last 2 weeks. I don't go anywere now

I been using 94 octane its $4.27

I been lookin at New Ninja 250Rs 70 mpg!! and looks like 600s &
          There MSRP $3400 Brand New

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Detail.aspx?id=263
          1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

the highest octane gas in CA is 91

although it seems adaquet
            -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
            2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

up another 3 cents here to 4.07 for 89 & $4.27 for 93 . Diesel is $4.72/gal and this is the cheapest

try http://www.gasbuddy.com for prices in your area

BTW current and past oil recovery methods left 80 to 90 % of the oil in the ground ... My late great uncle came up with the recovery methods used in over 90% of planet earth oil fields and was working on a new patent/ writing it up before he passed away suddenly... this method was nearing the 100% ratio for oil recovery, even the thickest tars, shales etc. If he had finished it our country could be oil independent (open up closed fields thought dry/unrecoverable) sigh wish I could finish writing up the patent...

---

Someone asked for sources for what I posted earlier, just do a search on the phrase "the real cause for the rise in fuel prices" . Here is 2,370,000 sources
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../06/020729.php
                You can make your choice on November 4th.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                  http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive.../06/020729.php
                  You can make your choice on November 4th.

I hope you don't honestly believe those numbers.

Prices don't go down. They go up. Doesn't matter who's in office, I doubt we'll be seeing 2/gallon gas.

I'll just be happy if it stays where it's at and doesn't keep climbing.
                  97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Its kindafunny how people blame democrats for the economy/gas prices, things were much better 8years ago.

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

just went up to 4.659/gallon for 91
                      -Ryan-

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                        anyone heard anythin about the chevy volt?
                        -Ryan-

Comment

Originally posted by gimp19
                          Its kindafunny how people blame democrats for the economy/gas prices, things were much better 8years ago.
                          When the republicans were in control of congress and the senate. The prices didn't really start going up until January last year when the democrats took over both. Congress controls the budget not the president.

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                            I hope you don't honestly believe those numbers.

Prices don't go down. They go up. Doesn't matter who's in office, I doubt we'll be seeing 2/gallon gas.

I'll just be happy if it stays where it's at and doesn't keep climbing.
                            I don't really believe the numbers on the republican side but I certainly believe the numbers on the democrat side because they have already proved to be true. Sueing the gas companies will NOT make gas prices go down. If anything it will make them go up because they will raise their prices to cover their litigation costs. It's pretty obvious that if you increas supply the prices will go down. How much can be argued but they WILL go down.

They do go down. They usually go down after the summer driving season.

You were complaing about the cost of gas and now you say you will be happy with the current price?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                              I don't really believe the numbers on the republican side but I certainly believe the numbers on the democrat side because they have already proved to be true. Sueing the gas companies will NOT make gas prices go down. If anything it will make them go up because they will raise their prices to cover their litigation costs. It's pretty obvious that if you increas supply the prices will go down. How much can be argued but they WILL go down.

They do go down. They usually go down after the summer driving season.

You were complaing about the cost of gas and now you say you will be happy with the current price?
                              I don't like paying it, but I really don't complain about it all that much.

I'll be happy because if it stays where it is as opposed to the alternative - going up. We're not going to see dramatic drops. Yeah, it goes up over memorial weekend, over the summer, during blackouts, but overall, it's going to stay around 4/gallon.

I will be happy if it stays there and gladly pay it, because it beats the hell out of the alternative, which is paying even more.
                              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Now its at
                                4.159 reg
                                4.249 mid
                                4.339 prm
                                Greg W. in West Michigan
                                1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                                1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                                1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                                1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                                1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                                <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                                X