No announcement yet.

Gas Prices - June 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, you make it sound like the poor speculators are living in the ghetto eating out of garbage cans. I doubt any of them would have a hard time making ends meet without oil profits.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Why do you make everything sound like it is one end or the other. There is no in-between. All I said is they are working people just like you and me trying to support their families and come back reading something into it that is off the wall.

That is the major problem with politics today. The Democrats are far to the left and the Republicans are far to the right. America is somewhere in-between. what ever happened to middle of the road and compromise. Why can't we drill for more oil and look for alternate energy sources. This is why nothing gets done.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Au contraire, mon frère. I totally agree we need to look for alternatives to free us of oil dependence. We should have been doing this in earnest 20 years ago and we wouldn't be in the shape we are in today. In the meantime, something needs to be done about windfall profits, whether if be the oil companies or speculators or whoever manipulates oil prices. There is doodley squat we can do about OPEC but we can correct those in our own backyard. We also need to have a reasonable approach to our environmental efforts. I seriously doubt some artic polar bear gives a turd if they share their iceberg with a pump as long as he can get some fresh seal now and then

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
          Au contraire, mon frère. I totally agree we need to look for alternatives to free us of oil dependence. We should have been doing this in earnest 20 years ago and we wouldn't be in the shape we are in today. In the meantime, something needs to be done about windfall profits, whether if be the oil companies or speculators or whoever manipulates oil prices. There is doodley squat we can do about OPEC but we can correct those in our own backyard. We also need to have a reasonable approach to our environmental efforts. I seriously doubt some artic polar bear gives a turd if they share their iceberg with a pump as long as he can get some fresh seal now and then
          When the US first tried to do a windfall profit tax in the 70s the results were the oil companies produced less gas causing a major shortage. Why should they produce more? If they produce more they will have to work harder and get nothing for it. Would you do that?

If you regulate the trading of oil then OPEC will stop selling oil in the US. If you want oil you will have to go to their country where they are not subject to US laws. They know that the US will have to go over there to get it. Go pass all the laws you want. They have us over a barrel and they know it. They are laughing at us right now. Watching us try and play the blame game rather than doing something about it and making our own oil. It really is laughable.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

BTW I just sent my congressman an email about gas prices. I don't have to worry about my senators. They have half a brain unlike my congressman. But hey he is better than Cynthia McKinney.

Comment

Yes our feeble efforts are laughable. But seriously, would you cut off your best customer because they were trying to find ways to cut cost on your products? If that were true Wal-Mart and Home Depot would have no suppliers.

Comment

Yes our feeble efforts are laughable. But seriously, would you cut off your best customer because they were trying to find ways to cut cost on your products? If that were true Wal-Mart and Home Depot would have no suppliers.
                You don't get it. You wouldn't be cutting them off. They know we have to have it. They know we will just go over there to get it.

Comment

We may be their best customer now, but there are other countries that could replace us in time - China's consumption is growing rapidly, part of the reason the prices have jumped in recent years.
                  Wifey to Jeff in ATL

Comment

Ok second best, I know the same argument would hold true for Target or Lowes. Holly Moley...

Comment

Ok second best, I know the same argument would hold true for Target or Lowes. Holly Moley...
                      I bet you'll still vote for the party that is causing you pain.

Comment

When I have to choose a candidate on the basis of who I think will do the least amount of damage it's a pretty sad state of affairs. Yes that will be the basis of my choice, not their party affiliation.

Comment

When I have to choose a candidate on the basis of who I think will do the least amount of damage it's a pretty sad state of affairs. Yes that will be the basis of my choice, not their party affiliation.
                          Yes it is.

Comment

Jeff,

Funny...been trying to send you a private message but it's saying your username doesn't exsist...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                              Jeff,

Funny...been trying to send you a private message but it's saying your username doesn't exsist...

Yea my PM doesn't work since they changed my name on the board. Send it to my work email.

Comment

If you want to see a drop in gas prices...drill for more oil.

Everyone is talking about being less dependent on oil...here's a kicker, lets be less dependent on FORIEGN oil!

Jeff is right...there isn't any middle ground.

Why can't we drill here in our own country (other countries are drilling our oil), relieve us from our energy crisis and develop other form of energy at the sametime?

It's like quitting a job before you find a new one...we can't drop our dependence of oil while searching for a new energy. It'll cripple your finances if you quit a job and can't find a new one...it's crippling our economy trying to force a new energy.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                                X