Barack Obama projected WINNER!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ConElite
    Believe it or not but you are a part of the US of A and thus this makes him your president regardless of your Comments. You Have No Choice. You should be American Enough to Try and Make the Best of what we Have and try and help better the country.
    "You Have No Choice." Nope, I have no problem dieing for what I believe!!!

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.
    Thomas Jefferson

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If the founding principles of this nation are no longer present, then this nation and its oppressors are my enemy.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You know... to me, it would be interesting to see if the roles were reversed how this day would look. As I've seen it... this morning many Republicans woke up frustrated, but during the night came to some conclusions: 1) Whether I like it or not, he is the president-elect. 2) I live in the United States of America and because of that I have to accept that in this democracy (if we stay that way) majority rules (most of the time). 3) I don't have to like him, but I do have to support him as the president. 4) Well buddy, lets see what you got and 5) (this was just my personal conclusion) God will take care of it.
      I can't help but ask myself... is this what the other side would have woken up thinking this morning if McCain had won... my guess... Maybe some would share my opinion in #5, but as for the other four conclusions... maybe some, but certainly not the majority. In fact, I truthfully would have been more scared to wake up this morning if Obama hadn't won... that's sad really...
      I think Republican voters are reserved the right to be annoyed for a few days and maybe be a little smart a** about it (i'm definitely reserving that right), but I really believe that in a week or so, an overwhelming majority of Obama opposers will have accepted the fact and move on to bigger fish, like... oh... I don't know... supporting family, waking up to go to work, paying bills, etc...
      Think that would have happened with McCain opposers?! Maybe some, and definitely the ones on here but lets be real about it...
      '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

zebragirl83
        Nice avatar! LOL I saw that website this morning.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

The true irony of the sentiments being discussed is that nothing has changed in the last 40 years that I can see. Whatever the outcome of the election, a great number of people are pissed. The older a person becomes, the more they think "the world is going to hell in a handbasket". The younger people are always bickering about "change the direction", politician's views swing in whatever direction that the flow of money dictates. it was true 40 years ago and it's still true today.

Whether you focus on the past, present or future....... if the focus is on a negative perspective, the seemingly overwhelming negativity can cause you to go nutty. When one concentrates on making the best of things that cannot be changed, thinking positive about the things that could be changed, there are far greater results and feelings of well being.

Just remember that even our imperfect government model has checks and balances. No matter who tries to lead the pack, someone else is going to be pulling on the reins.

Comment

I have to agree with parts of this thread- if the Republicans had somehow won, today the news would all be about voter fraud, and fixed elections, dimpled chads, on and on- they still say Bush was 'selected, not elected'- I shudder to think of the race riots that likely would have occured-

Not much will change- the president's name, but same address, same political partys, same favors being given to the rich contributors that really run the game behind the scenes. Mr. Obabm is just another party tool, a Chicago machine politician- if he wasn't he wouldn't even have been offered up as a candidate-

I think many voters weren't voting for the democrats as much as they were voting against the last 8 years of Bush- the media has been savaging him lately- you know, the "un-biased, independent" media that all came out tooting their horns for Obabma-
            2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
            "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
              zebragirl83
              Nice avatar! LOL I saw that website this morning.
              Yes it is, I just ordered five this morning!
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                The true irony of the sentiments being discussed is that nothing has changed in the last 40 years that I can see. Whatever the outcome of the election, a great number of people are pissed. The older a person becomes, the more they think "the world is going to hell in a handbasket". The younger people are always bickering about "change the direction", politician's views swing in whatever direction that the flow of money dictates. it was true 40 years ago and it's still true today.

Whether you focus on the past, present or future....... if the focus is on a negative perspective, the seemingly overwhelming negativity can cause you to go nutty. When one concentrates on making the best of things that cannot be changed, thinking positive about the things that could be changed, there are far greater results and feelings of well being.

Just remember that even our imperfect government model has checks and balances. No matter who tries to lead the pack, someone else is going to be pulling on the reins.

I don't know home much time you spend off-roading, but an alarming number of trails are closed.

I don't know how much time you spend looking at takings issues, but every day people are being regulated out of their land.

I don't know what will happen with the extremist environmental agenda, but Colorado elected one of the most left wing environmental nut cases around to the US Senate. The consequences of these policies is far beyond the electorate's intellectual capacity.

I don't know how much time you spent reading about the "Raw" Deal, but the Supreme Court was stacked to push an agenda.

I don't know how much time you spent analyzing the LBJ "Screwed" Society, but we are dealing with an explosion of entitlement spending and an infectious mentality as a result of those policies.

The 20th century saw two major shifts in this country during the 30s and 60s. We can very well see another shift toward government control where property rights as well as one's ability to defend himself is a thing of the past. We can also further entrench people's notion that the government needs to take care of them.

This election is a fundamental shift in philosophy and not for the better. The sad thing is most people don't realize the shift they are making.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                  That is one of the problems with this election. The main check and balance on the legislative branch is the president and now the new president has a history of being more to the left of anybody in the legislative branch. The only check now will be the 60 vote required to close deliberation to vote on a bill. The Republicans will have to filibuster everything that is ultra left and it will get used a lot.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Nothing's changed...right. Just look what has changed since most of my elected officials have become Democrats...

I DO NOT have the right to send cookies, Twinkies, Pepsi, or candy to school with my kids for lunch/snack.

I DO NOT have the right to say "certain" words for fear of termination and/or prosecution...but go ahead, and call me every ethnic-derogatory Italian word you can think of...that's protected by free speech.

I DO NOT have the right to give my kids peanut-containing products because...god forbid...someone in school might be allergic.

I DO NOT have the right to take a knee (in silence) and ask my God to protect my teammates/players from harm in a public school.

I DO NOT have the right to play cowboys and indians/cops and robbers for fear of being expelled from school because we now have a "Zero Tolerance Policy".

I DO NOT have the right to form a profile to increase my chances of arresting terrorists since we must look at everyone equally, which means grandma must be stopped just as frequently as 45 year old, bearded Arab's mumbling "Alah destroy these infidels".

I DO NOT have the right to express my opinions if they are against the Liberal point of view (minorities, women, homosexuals, etc.) but CAN insult white males all I want.

I DO NOT have the right to be equally judged for a job because Affirmative Action states that minorities and women should receive preferential treatment to "increase their numbers in the workplace".

I DO NOT have the right to display a Christmas Tree, or even say the words "Merry Christmas" in a public setting. It is now Spring Recess and Winter Recess, however, we will still have off from school/work for every other religion and not have an issue with stating so.

I (will soon) NOT have the right to bear arms as the Liberals believe the solution is to not allow anyone to posses a weapon.

I (will soon) NOT have the right to self-represent myself if 51% of my co-workers sign a Union Card.

Sure...things are exactly the same as they were 40 years ago. If this were several hundred years ago, we'd be organizing to "throw tea into the harbor".

Now, we throw a party and claim, "The people have spoken...we've asked for great change, and now, good things will come".

Good grief we stink as a country.
                    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                      That is one of the problems with this election. The main check and balance on the legislative branch is the president and now the new president has a history of being more to the left of anybody in the legislative branch. The only check now will be the 60 vote required to close deliberation to vote on a bill. The Republicans will have to filibuster everything that is ultra left and it will get used a lot.
                      Jeff, from what I understand, the Dems intend to slow cook us this time. The previous three stooges Foley, Mtichell, and Clinton tried to push it down our throats and it backfired, Speaker Foley received the big boot out the door, and the Clinton agenda mostly vanished in the 104th Congress, 1995. This time, they will try the frog in the water routine; before we know that we are boiling, it will be too late.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

Sure...things are exactly the same as they were 40 years ago. If this were several hundred years ago, we'd be organizing to "throw tea into the harbor".

Now, we throw a party and claim, "The people have spoken...we've asked for great change, and now, good things will come".

Good grief we stink as a country.
                        I am with you on this. Too bad that people don't get it.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Colorado's schizophrenic voters.

Voted Yes for the most left wing Senate candidate in the state's history.

Voted Yes on Obama...nothing more to be said here!

Voted No on all ballot measures regarding tax and severance increases including my local school mil levy.

What the ****??????????????????

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Mark,

I've run several times for office in my hometown (Mayor 2004, Councilman 2005 and 2007) and am a County Committeman for the Republican Party.

Anyway, the clown I lost to last year (23 year old nobody) was caught/convicted of being a pedophile 6 weeks ago. So, the Dems. pull out another nobody to replace his seat. She introduces herself, says she is a school teacher in a neighboring town, and also works part-time at the library.

Great...she's qualified to lead?!?

A week later, she, along with her Democratic running mate and the rest of the Democrats in town, propose shutting down our library (as it will save us $30,000 per year).

The town is up in arms and vows to deny the request on the upcoming ballot. Most say, "How dare they even put that on the ballot. Shame on them!"

We, as Republicans, campaign on this issue 1) we are not kid-touchers, 2) we are long time towns-folk who do not make a single penny on all of the volunteer work we do (Boy scouts, church functions, soccer/baseball coaches, etc.) and 3) we are against the Democrats proposal to close the library (which amounts to a $5 savings per resident).

With the uproar in town about the pedophile and the closing of the library, we believe we have a real shot of finally getting a Republican into office (been a long time since that happened).

Now for the vote - by an overwhelming majority, the town votes to deny the Democrats request to close the library. Hooray! A victory!

But guess what? By an overwhelming vote, the town also elects both Democrats (we only ran for one seat since as we are out of willing Republican candidates). Mind you, these are the same fools that proposed we close the library, and one of their pals just got caught and convicted of being a pedophile.

When you say the Democrats are going to slowly boil us...forget about it. I've been cooked...blanched...broiled...baked....and spit out. The Democrats are like a disease....they spread ignorance and have proven they can get the uneducated masses to follow along, as long as they promise freebies and blame Bush for all the troubles of the world.

Can you imagine what would happen if a super power like which we haven't seen since WWII came along? We've turned into a bunch of fat, poorly educated, unskilled, lazy, whiny, entitled, me, me, me slobs! But let's not forget...we cherish our freedoms everyday.

I'm embarrassed to live on the same planet as folks like Ken's father. It's a shame we've let things go so far in such a short time...how soon we forget.
                            Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                            Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A
                              Mark,

I'm embarrassed to live on the same planet as folks like Ken's father. It's a shame we've let things go so far in such a short time...how soon we forget.
                              My father's good friend died in the Battle of the Bulge not to mention the rest of the people he knew who were killed during WWII.

We are an embarrassment to all though who fought for our freedom.

His good friend, a general, who lives down the street is just sick over this mess. What a disgrace the people in this country have become!!!

If we were ever faced with a serious threat like my father, we would bow down like cowards, like France...no wonder they praise this election.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by markd79ta
                                If we were ever faced with a serious threat like my father, we would bow down like cowards, like France...no wonder they praise this election.
                                I won't. In fact I am going to look for some mini 14 clips after work today before the dems reinstate the "assault weapons" ban. (I'm not even going to get into them classifying a mini 14 as an assault weapon.)

Comment

Working...
                                X