Barack Obama projected WINNER!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
    . He was walking through his parking lot an saw several cars with Obama bumper stickers and promptly made out the pink slips and gave them to those employees.
    Thats pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Their belief in a different leader I strongly believe does not effect their ability to do their job. So why the F should they get fired.

I used to work for a Company that was pretty much 100% christian. Me personally Dont believe in any form of higher power. At one point they started to question me and I Had a strong feeling I was on my way out but BC I busted my A$$ and did more than what was expected of me then they had no issues with me working their. Of course I was not going to start trying to force my beliefs onto anyone simply dis my work and respected others.

That owner of that gun shop was way out of line and shows his PATHETIC excuse for leadership and a GREAT example of patriotism.

And we still blame the Dem.'s for bringing this country to its knees.

Unbelieveable.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

• Originally posted by ConElite
      Their belief in a different leader I strongly believe does not effect their ability to do their job. So why the F should they get fired.
      People get fired for causing a problem and they help cause the problem by voting for the person that is causing the problem.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshu
        His firings were illegal if at anytime he advertised his business as an equal opportunity employer:

An employer not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or veteran status.

However, if he did not...he can do as he pleases
        Sorry but political affiliation and whether a woman is pregnant or not is not part of the law for discrimination. You might think it should be but it is not. The reality is a business who is hiring an employee does not have to give a reason for why they are not hiring someone. They can simply say I didn't feel they were qualified. Now you have to prove they are discriminating.

If I was hiring for someone to do a job I would not hire someone who is pregnant. I need someone to do a job and they are going to go on a leave of absence that I would have to pay for after they have the kid. Why would I want that hassle and expense and there is no law that would make me have to hire her.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
          People get fired for causing a problem and they help cause the problem by voting for the person that is causing the problem.
          Thats just plan retarded thinking. Its like I said before, with clubs like the KKK I guess im going to go around being ignorant and thinking every white person is a racist.

Come one now buddy, Thats just sense.

This is when I jump off this Thread, Its officially going nowhere with Posts like that!
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Thats just plan retarded thinking. Its like I said before, with clubs like the KKK I guess im going to go around being ignorant and thinking every white person is a racist.

This is when I jump off this Thread, Its officially going nowhere with Posts like that!
            cause and effect

To tell you the truth, if I owned a business, if I had to get rid of some one and all things were equal, that would make my decision. It would be the same thing if the employees came in and voted in a union in that would cost me more money. Just like what Reagan did back in the 80's, I would fire every one of them. Just look at what the unions did to the auto industry in America. It's the same thing. You voted for someone to raise my taxes and lower my profit margin then you are going to be the first to go. It's a business decision and there is nothing illegal about it. If you as a business owner can't make the hard decisions like that you won't be in business long.

I guess I am a retard and a mamber of the KKK.

Comment

I read today that Obama plans quick action on stem cell research and reversing the recent decisions on oil and natural gas drilling by executive order. I won't go into the stem cell thing, but moratoriums on oil and natural gas drilling is really stupid. I believe this is what Jeff was alluding to in his post. If a person loses his job based on over taxation and regulation, he only have has himself to blame.

Now, I disagree with the whole fire based on bumper sticker approach. I have no problem with people believing what they want to believe as long as it doesn't impact me. My fundamental problem is not poor economic decisions...my problem is too much government control. The "rule" of Pelosi, Reid, and Obama will be extremely oppressive.

On each decision they make, I will post it so there are actually "facts" of what is done or not done.
              '77 K5 rock-crawler project
              '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
              '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
              '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
              '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
              My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by markd79ta
                Now, I disagree with the whole fire based on bumper sticker approach. I have no problem with people believing what they want to believe as long as it doesn't impact me. My fundamental problem is not poor economic decisions...my problem is too much government control. The "rule" of Pelosi, Reid, and Obama will be extremely oppressive.
                My point was to the owner of the company it did directly impact him with higher taxes.

Comment

• People really need to spend some time reading about "Peak Oil" and what we need to do as a nation. This is not some distant theory, we are currently sitting at the apex of the bell curve. If we do not secure the resources we need to sustain our infrastructure, we are in for some serious hardship in the next decade. I don't think people really understand the magnitude of this problem. If we retreat from exploration and nationalizing these resources over the next two years, we are dead. If policy like Lieberman-Warner become law through either legislation or executive order & regulation compounded by a lack of exploration, we are finished. People need to pay attention to this in the next year. If we wait on exploration for the **** to hit the fan, it will be too late.

On this issue, I was highly frustrated with both parties. The Republicans didn't want to take the steps toward a new infrastructure, and the Democrats don't want to support the one we have. It is a catch 22 and we are stuck in the middle. We desperately need Nuclear and Coal power generation and we need to life-cycle the commuter fleet with electric alternatives. We need domestic oil and gas secured and nationalized perhaps as a reserve so that we are not vulnerable to global pressure and demands (or, Instability). If we pull out of Iraq, a civil war starts, and the region destabilizes, that will spell major problems. It will take two to three decades to build a new infrastructure so we better support the one we have. Look at what the last six months did to the economy; it could get a lot worse.
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

what he said
                    I was just thinking the same thing. I was thinking how the decisions the government has made has led to this decline in the economy.

DHL announcing all their cut backs. http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081110/eu_ge...post.html?.v=6 How much of this was caused by the lack of oil crisis?

The democrats stead fast refusal to drill for more oil.

The democrats passing the new mortgage lending policies in 1994 leading to the financial meltdown we are having.

So what do the dems want to do now? They want to take your retirement money to "sure up social security" ie replace the money they took from SSA and spent. http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclu...-accounts.html

So how does the people in the US respond to all this? The vote more of these people in and blame Bush. WTF.

Comment

• Jeff,

I am seriously wondering something. Petroleum hitting $140 a barrel just killed the nation's economy. The costs associated with distribution of goods and the loss of consumer spending power just crippled companies. We were surviving the bad debt until this happened.

I really wonder if the cost of crude was manipulation in an election year.

Anyhow, our energy policy just simply sucks. The environmental agenda is a disaster ready to happen. However, the Republican party does not have a sustainable energy plan. I do feel as though we need to build a new infrastructure centered around electricity. We have nuclear and coal, we should be using them. Commuter cars should be electrics. We can drill for the oil and gas we need. There are a number of things that can be done that are feasible and not pipe dreams.

I am highly irritated that the Bush administration wasted the last eight years in conventional war instead of strategically dealing with terrorism and taking the steps necessary to reduce our dependence on the Middle East.

....so, now Robbie Cox will draft our energy policy. The farmer might as well trap some foxes to protect the chickens. So, now you may share my interest in the manipulation of the energy sector. ...so, who are the speculators?

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Check this article out about Optiver Holding, which its subsidiary Optiver US, LLC (Optiver) is a Chicago-based corporation.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/24/mark...rss_topstories

hmmmmm. I am kinda interested in tracking what the h*** happened here. This all kinda stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Check this article out about Optiver Holding, which its subsidiary Optiver US, LLC (Optiver) is a Chicago-based corporation.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/24/mark...rss_topstories

hmmmmm. I am kinda interested in tracking what the h*** happened here. This all kinda stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          If the oil companies in the US drilled for their own oil would they not have to buy oil from the speculators who buy the oil from outside the US?

Comment

Jeff,

I am seriously wondering something. Petroleum hitting $140 a barrel just killed the nation's economy. The costs associated with distribution of goods and the loss of consumer spending power just crippled companies. We were surviving the bad debt until this happened.

I really wonder if the cost of crude was manipulation in an election year.
                            Me too but surprisingly it didn't seem to drive them to the party trying to get more drilling to lower consumer cost. Go figure.
                            Originally posted by markd79ta
                            Anyhow, our energy policy just simply sucks. The environmental agenda is a disaster ready to happen. However, the Republican party does not have a sustainable energy plan. I do feel as though we need to build a new infrastructure centered around electricity. We have nuclear and coal, we should be using them. Commuter cars should be electrics. We can drill for the oil and gas we need. There are a number of things that can be done that are feasible and not pipe dreams.
                            BOTH parties energy policy sucks. And as for the republican party they really don't have ANY unified party platforms other than anti abortion.
                            I am highly irritated that the Bush administration wasted the last eight years in conventional war instead of strategically dealing with terrorism and taking the steps necessary to reduce our dependence on the Middle East.
                            I don't think the last 8 years were wasted on the war. It was needed to correct a bad situation over there. The problem is the energy problem has many steps to it. The middle east is but a part of it. The rest of it just wasn't pursued. And when the prices started going up the democrats were in control and they couldn't do anything. But the republican still renewed the no drill ban from 1995-2005. It wasn’t until the price spike that they altered their view on it but by then it was too late. We should have been drilling for the last 35 years and didn’t.
                            ....so, now Robbie Cox will draft our energy policy. The farmer might as well trap some foxes to protect the chickens. So, now you may share my interest in the manipulation of the energy sector. ...so, who are the speculators?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
                              Me too but surprisingly it didn't seem to drive them to the party trying to get more drilling to lower consumer cost. Go figure.
                              Actually, who had the most to gain? I think the answer will be found, if ever, in who had the most to gain.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Actually, who had the most to gain? I think the answer will be found, if ever, in who had the most to gain.
                                The people, in my opinion, with the most to gain would have to be our loveable dictator/tyrant-run, oil-producing friends in Venezuela and the Middle East. Anyone want to offer another opinion?

Much as we might think the price of crude was manipulated for election purposes, it was a tension about the election partly, but a demand driven price increase mostly. It shows how important the US is yet. Something bad happens to the US economy and it's felt around the world. Oil demand declines significantly and traders jump ship to more secure/profitable things as the price falls.
                                1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
                                2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
                                1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

Working...
                                X