Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gimp19
    Bush never would'a passed.
    Given the fact that he has a BA in History from Yale and a MBA from Harvard, I am pretty sure he would pass.

Do you care to put your credentials and accomplishments beside his?
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• His last 8years were quite an accomplishment, worst pres. in history

1994 Firebird Formula 138,000 Completly Stock

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
      2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

His last 8years were quite an accomplishment, worst pres. in history
        According to who?

Really, folks, when you say things like this, you need to cite it!

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about Bush. However, off the cuff remarks about how good a president you think someone was takes a lot more than listening to media reports. Frankly, we really won't know how good/bad Bush was for another decade. Life is not as instant as we've been led to believe.
        1997 Pontiac Grand Am, 216k+ miles and still moving fast
        2004 Pontiac Grand Am SCT, but 35k on the clock
        1983 Male Driver, driving Front Wheel Drive only, for now

Comment

• Originally posted by 3800_Firebird
          According to who?

Really, folks, when you say things like this, you need to cite it!

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about Bush. However, off the cuff remarks about how good a president you think someone was takes a lot more than listening to media reports. Frankly, we really won't know how good/bad Bush was for another decade. Life is not as instant as we've been led to believe.
          Exactly.

Clinton got some of the highest approval ratings of any president in our lives... Then 9/11 happened. It was planned during his reign as president mainly due to military cuts and the whole CIA/FBI firewall fiasco.

Agree or disagree with Bush (I disagree with a lot of his policies)... We've been a safe country under his watch.
          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Again, what did he do or not do? Please compare that to other administrations and any fundamental shift in this country caused by Bush before making a claim such as this. Even though I disliked Bill Clinton for the Crime Bill, the roadless imitative, the 922r clause, and Ruth Bader Ginsberg (things he actually did do), I hardly classify his administration as the worst...Harding's ineptitude in the 20s, FDR's stacking of the Supreme Court in the 30s, and LBJ's ambition and expansion of welfare in the 60s did far worse long lasting damage then Clinton who was largely a lame duck with a Republican congress. Furthermore, Bush called for reforming lending practices long before the financial meltdown, but you know that pesky thing called the Congress that actually writes the laws and filled with Democrats...well, they didn't listen. Perhaps if the president-elect and others sided with these reforms instead of with Sen. Dodd and the Democrats, we may have averted the financial problems this country is facing today. Do you simply not care about the origins of the financial meltdown because it doesn't fit in with your Bush bashing?

Perhaps you are basing your entire impression on IRAQ. It is your right to dislike the war; there are parts of it that I am not thrilled about either. Personally, I feel better that Saddam Hussein doesn't have 550 metric tons of yellow cake uranium that would have been sold to the highest bidder, or worse...enriched. Additionally, I am somewhat comforted to know that we have a mostly stable energy supply knowing that the extreme environmentalist nonsense that now controls our government will never allow this country to harness its resources at home.

Finally, compare yourself to Bush's education and career and explain why you feel as though he could not pass a competency test and you can...

Did Bush make mistakes? Absolutely! ...so did every person who held the office with maybe the exception of Washington.

Do you wish to discuss the mistakes of the knuckleheads that were put back in Congress?

You may not like things right now, but you really need to look at the big picture and do some real analysis of the facts rather then emotional interpretations. In the 1940s during WWII, my parents families had nothing, food was rationed, milk was rationed, gas was rationed, many of my dad's friends died. Things we enjoy like consumer goods were non-existent. It was true sacrifice, which completely escapes people in this nation today. Could you imagine the world if they said their circumstances were just too hard?
            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff_in_Atl
              Everyone knows how to control the sheeple. MEDIA
              It's like they can't get enough of it, whether it is true or not is moot.
              Greg W. in West Michigan
              1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
              1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
              1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
              1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
              1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
              <Motor out

Comment

Well said, internet commando. Please take your seat in the left wing, comrade. Ваш президент будет прав с Вами...
                Greg W. in West Michigan
                <Motor out

Comment

• We are so incredibly screwed!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,455384,00.html

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Dont worry jeb will save us in 4years.

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                    2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

Dont worry jeb will save us in 4years.
                      You think Jeb Bush is going to run for President?
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

• Teehee...

Greg W. in West Michigan
                        <Motor out

Comment

• Originally posted by FroSSty
                          Teehee...

...wow. It's the truth...and cannot be denied.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

• I'm being sarcastic

1995 Caprice 9c1 61,000
                            2001 Intrigue GL

Comment

• All I know is now that whats his name is president I can go out and buy a Mustang and drive down the road with my head up high and be proud to be a citizen of what ever they rename this country. I am just so happy I could s**t.What was that song we are the champions, Yes that is us. But of what are we the champions of, I for got, Oh well does it really matter any more.Well at least I can't lose my job so I guess I will sit back and watch the big picture and see what them dam fools in D C do next. Did I tell you this joke about the USA no wait that is the joke. Oh well I said my part.
                              Blazer

Comment

Working...
                              X