Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 02 WS6
    I installed the exhaust today.

What a difference!!! I also seem to have a bit more throttle response. At least a noticable amount. Unreal. Thanks for all the help Steve, 95TransAm, and Bob! You guys rule.
    Glad you like it man. Let us know how many alarms you set off...and don't forget to get some new pants after WOT lol
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Well.... I took it out yesterday and found a nice long stretch of road.

It actually went right through my chest at about 3k RPM's. It's amazing. I still can't believe how much more throttle response I'm getting. I never thought I could love a piece of machinery this much.
      SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
      17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
      Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Well.... I took it out yesterday and found a nice long stretch of road.

It actually went right through my chest at about 3k RPM's. It's amazing. I still can't believe how much more throttle response I'm getting. I never thought I could love a piece of machinery this much.
        Did you remember the change of clothes? lol

Its amazing what a few pieces of pipe can do you for your car, huh?
        Steve

Comment

Haven't been on-line in a few days and just caught this. Glad to hear that all went good. It's always more gratifying doing the job yourself as well. Everytime you fire her up, and listen to that (as steve likes to say) clothes changing rumble , you can actually say that was your work......an amazing feeling IMO.

Get prepared to set off some alarms as well. I still get a chuckle everytime I set one off or upset them and get that "boop boop boop" warning I'm glad I was of some help to you, and I'm happy that you're happy with your investment. Feel free to ask of anything else anytime...we all do....that's why this site rocks as much as it does!

Congrats again on the new pipes
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Thanks again, fellas. Couldn't have done the job with out you!

No matter what I add to my car in the future, I think this will always be my favorite mod. I drove her to work this morning and it almost brought a tear to my eye... it's so beautiful.

The one thing I notice about it is this... My car always got looks. When someone would see it, they usually wouldn't stop until I was out of sight. With the exhaust, it makes them look, and keeps their attention. Plus I can't say this enough... the throttle response is amazing. I mean, it's just enough to make me notice it.

On that note, what "easy" bolt-on mod would you next recommend? I was thinking an SLP air box and smooth bellow.
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

Comment

Thanks again, fellas. Couldn't have done the job with out you!

No matter what I add to my car in the future, I think this will always be my favorite mod. I drove her to work this morning and it almost brought a tear to my eye... it's so beautiful.

The one thing I notice about it is this... My car always got looks. When someone would see it, they usually wouldn't stop until I was out of sight. With the exhaust, it makes them look, and keeps their attention. Plus I can't say this enough... the throttle response is amazing. I mean, it's just enough to make me notice it.

On that note, what "easy" bolt-on mod would you next recommend? I was thinking an SLP air box and smooth bellow.
              Not a bad idea, but I'd also look at the suspension as well. LCAs are pretty easy, as are SFCs. I think we did the LCAs and SFCs on the Z in roughly 2-3 hrs., and the difference is amazing, esp. the SFCs. If you don't have access to a welder, or just don't wanna weld, I highly recommend the SLP Bolt-on SFCs. They take about half an hour/side to install, they bolt in relatively easily (might take a little "persuasion" lol) and make a world of difference on the car. Plus, you've gotta pull the front mounting bolt out of the LCAs to put them in, so doing the LCAs at the same time isn't a bad idea. I personally went with the Spohn Non-adj. LCAs in black and opted for the Chrome-moly construction. She'll hook better and handle better with those 2 right there, all for under $500. Good luck man...and enjoy the pipes some more lol
              Steve

Comment

The airbox and smooth bellow is a good start for power. The sfc's and lca's are good ideas as well for suspension.

A couple other suspension ideas would be a panhard rod and a shock tower brace. Right now I have bolt in slp sfc's, an edelbrock panhard rod, and a bmr stb......the thing handles like it never did before. Some spohn LCA's are definitely what's next on the list.

Another good idea would be rear end gears. Being you have an M6, some 4.10's would punch you back in your seat a tad harder

As for power, what you mentioned should definitely be the next mod. After that, simple things like a lower degree thermostat, manual fan bypass, or even better, a full computer tune would get you a couple extra ponies. I've heard underdrive pulleys make a decent difference on LS1's as well. From there, headers, cam, heads, etc....

Enjoy your louder ride and happy modding
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

This modding thing is addicting. It's the only one I've done so far and I'm already like a crack-addict. I think I'll hold off on the power mods and take both your advice on suspension mods. I was looking at the BMR shock tower brace as a possible next purchase. Bolt-on SFC's are not far behind either.

What good is power if you can't get it to the ground? BTW - I still have to get some pics of the car up. I don't want to until I get a few coats of Zaino on her. Should be arriving any day now.
                  SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                  17K Miles

Comment

This modding thing is addicting. It's the only one I've done so far and I'm already like a crack-addict. I think I'll hold off on the power mods and take both your advice on suspension mods. I was looking at the BMR shock tower brace as a possible next purchase. Bolt-on SFC's are not far behind either.

What good is power if you can't get it to the ground? BTW - I still have to get some pics of the car up. I don't want to until I get a few coats of Zaino on her. Should be arriving any day now.
                    Oh so true. Just to let you know, the Spohn STB is $15 cheaper . Also, a set of LCA reloc. brackets will help the LCAs perform better. I believe BMR sells a set of bolt-on brackets if you don't want to or can't weld them on.
                    Steve

Comment

Good choice on a STB and SFC's......I noticed both nicely.

I put on my STB first, and was simply amazed by how much I could actually feel a difference through the corners.

A couple months later came the SFC's, and those two in combination with my panhard rod completed the solid feel throughout the car.

I remember when I first tested out the limitations a bit ......it was amazing.

The mods are addicting, but it's so worth it. Nothing like having a bad@ss ride and making it that much better

Comment

You guys certainly aren't helping ease my mod addiction. You're like dealers who hang around high schools. I've only had my car since April and already the factory exhuast is in pieces, and the car sounds like a twin-engine inboard.

Seriously, I can't wait to do the rest of the mods on my list (yes, I wrote a list ). I'll probably just stick to bolt-ons for now as I'm not good enough with a welder yet, plus I'm a purist. I only like to do things that aren't "permanent" mods.
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

Comment

Seriously, I can't wait to do the rest of the mods on my list (yes, I wrote a list ).
                          I've had my list since April of '04 when I bought my car......you don't even want to know how long it is

Comment

All this mod talk is getting my gitty.....I think I might just have to order up some LCA's tonight

Comment

Lakewood LCAs are flippin sweet and they are very inexpensive, i recommend them to everyone
                              '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
                              Stock with an irratic idle...
                              (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6cam
                                Lakewood LCAs are flippin sweet and they are very inexpensive, i recommend them to everyone
                                Yes, but they are also heavier than Chrome-moly units and, depending upon construction, not as strong.

My suggestiong is to go with the Spohn Chrome-moly LCAs. They may cost more, but they are lighter, stronger and offer a very noticeable difference. Do some research before you buy, don't go strictly off of price.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X